Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nigerian Scammers?!

Exclamation Nigerian Scammers?!

Ever had any troubles with Nigerian Scammers? Well I sure have, and it was horrible. All because Paypal and Ebay are absolutely useless.

What are your horrible stories of Nigerian Scammers, or any other Scam Artists on these sites? Let us all know.

No offence but whoever falls for a scam like that is at least incredibly stupid. Whenever I hear about someone getting scammed by those standard scams, I can't keep myself from thinking those people are just stupid. Everyone knows these scams exist and they have even made the news so it's pretty stupid not to know them.

While these scams are now common placed, with the bulk of the scammers now poported to be from Nigeria, you have to understand that these guys use new more innovative tactics to scam you out of your money, so calling someone stupid is not cool, because you don't know what that person went through.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLuke View Post
    Ever had any troubles with Nigerian Scammers? Well I sure have, and it was horrible. All because Paypal and Ebay are absolutely useless.

What are your horrible stories of Nigerian Scammers, or any other Scam Artists on these sites? Let us all know.
    When one of those Nigerian scammers contacts you, initially they give you a proposition-usually to transfer funds from one location to another. You can know that these people are trying to scam you because the email itself will contain either extremely or slightly bad grammar and/or spelling. It will be apparent that the person contacting you is not fluent in English because of the way their words are misplaced. Just an opinion of mine, but it might be good to run it past someone who has experience identifying scammers before you do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Delusional View Post
    No offence but whoever falls for a scam like that is at least incredibly stupid. Whenever I hear about someone getting scammed by those standard scams, I can't keep myself from thinking those people are just stupid. Everyone knows these scams exist and they have even made the news so it's pretty stupid not to know them.
    There are some people who have no idea that people like this even exist. Especially older people, like my grandmother who grew up without the internet and before people tried to lie to, scam and steal from other people. You know, back when the world was based on trust and respect. But regardless of the issue, what you said was rude, and if you don't have something helpful to say, maybe you should keep your opinions to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanM View Post
    While these scams are now common placed, with the bulk of the scammers now poported to be from Nigeria, you have to understand that these guys use new more innovative tactics to scam you out of your money, so calling someone stupid is not cool, because you don't know what that person went through.

Thank you. I couldn't agree more. Especially not knowing that person's specific incident, there is no reason in the world to call people names. I don't understand how a grown adult could just randomly call someone a name when all they are doing is asking for help or trying to find out information. My opinion is that is a form of bullying and it needs to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by chelleeann View Post
    There are some people who have no idea that people like this even exist. Especially older people, like my grandmother who grew up without the internet and before people tried to lie to, scam and steal from other people. You know, back when the world was based on trust and respect. But regardless of the issue, what you said was rude, and if you don't have something helpful to say, maybe you should keep your opinions to yourself.
    On this site I rarely ever back Delusional up, but for this time I do. I agree with him. The internet itself is a risk. I'm sorry but if you do send a nice amount of money to someone like that no questions asked I'm sorry there are issues. And these scams aren't new they been around for awhile. And I feel the older people should know that the world isn't based of trust and respect. My grandmother tells me how even back then people were just as corrupt as today just in different methods.

And if you do back them up. The idea of this Nigerian Prince scam is similar to me going to the streets of new york or in this case where ever you live. I walk up to you and say "hey man I got 3 million being transferred to my bank if you give me 30 bucks so I can get my id I'll give you 1000 bucks. Wanna do that" I feel it's pretty obvious that it's a scam.

Lastly even if his opinion is rude doesn't mean he can't state it. Just like in my opinion you didn't contribute anything from saying that.

Just simply only deal with Trusted people, or people you know well. If you do this, you wont get scammed. Simple.

You shouldn't trust anyone on Paypal. You shouldn't actually trust Paypal. But when it comes to a Nigerian prince, believe me, he won't give you a dime of his fortune.

I received e-mails from a few 'princes' of Nigeria. They all claim the same thing. In the e-mail, it was mentioned that I have some inheritance with some absurd reasoning. For me to get that fund, I need to send the prince a fee to clear the transaction. Yeah, right, I gotta pay to get my inheritance from some unknown prince.