Thread: Any experienced buyers/sellers using the services of Amazon?

Default Any experienced buyers/sellers using the services of Amazon?

What do you think of it? Did Amazon caused you any difficulties in the past. Any problems when you are doing transactions of money/ shipping to another places/ contact them for inquiries?

Paypal and Amazon can't be compared. Both services are completely different. Even Ebay and Amazon are completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by Delusional View Post
    Paypal and Amazon can't be compared. Both services are completely different. Even Ebay and Amazon are completely different.
    Amazon and Ebay aren't completely different. People who want to sell items can sell them on both. People can buy others products from other users.

But I used to be a common buyer on amazon and I enjoyed it!

Amazon is FANTASTIC at what they do. I'm a buyer at Amazon and I've had numerous of problems such as accidental ordering, canceling orders, and even returning! Every moment I had an issue, Amazon would immediately assist me and successfully solve the issue I'm having. One thing I love is that if the item is damaged, fake, etc. you can get 100% of your money back and Amazon will even pay the shipping and handling when you're returning it!

I'm a seller and buyer at Amazon.com. Have had great experiences with both and sold hundreds of items, mainly older books. Only a few problems here and there that took a while to resolve (buyers wanting to return, etc.) I consider myself lucky though.

One problem with Amazon is that whereas I'd say 3-4/10 people will leave feedback on eBay items, the number of people who leave feedback on Amazon is extremely low, much less than 1/10. And then factor in that people who have problems are more likely to leave feedback. But again, I've been lucky and have a 4.9 average on Amazon.

One important tip is to input your delivery confirmations on items on Amazon's site ASAP after packaging and sending out. The reason for this is that it will increase your seller rating average.

Amazon is always safe and secure to buy from. It is just harder to become a seller on Amazon compared to Ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by bonnieann5275 View Post
    I'm a seller and buyer at Amazon.com. Have had great experiences with both and sold hundreds of items, mainly older books. Only a few problems here and there that took a while to resolve (buyers wanting to return, etc.) I consider myself lucky though.

One problem with Amazon is that whereas I'd say 3-4/10 people will leave feedback on eBay items, the number of people who leave feedback on Amazon is extremely low, much less than 1/10. And then factor in that people who have problems are more likely to leave feedback. But again, I've been lucky and have a 4.9 average on Amazon.

One important tip is to input your delivery confirmations on items on Amazon's site ASAP after packaging and sending out. The reason for this is that it will increase your seller rating average.
    That's actually pretty awesome to know cause I have in the past 2 days looked into selling stuff on ebay! Thanks for the info!

Both are good. I prefer Amazon when I need something that has quality e.g. a leather phone case vs. a crappy one off eBay.

I find eBay to be cheaper and sometimes better for things like textbooks.

I have never sold on Amazon, but selling on eBay is good if you know what youre doing.