Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: product received was fake

Quote Originally Posted by DomDom View Post
    You should call, I agree. It really helps out more than just emails!
    Indeed, he should call an employee. Maybe he/she will help him. As long as you have every proof that the respective product is fake, you should get your money back!

You should be able to return the product. Just try and talk to someone on the phone, there must be a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket13 View Post
    Bought super expensive shampoo and conditioner from US and it's fake. Paypal insist I have a letter from an authorized dealer saying it us fake but despite me explaining to paypal product not sold in Australia so this isn't achievable they keep saying I have to Have complained but get a template response We are talking $265 so not peanuts
    Unfortunately it's your word against theirs until you find an 'authorized shampoo dealer' to give it the all clear.

Have you tried contacting the manufacturer to have it checked, they might even throw in some freebies as a goodwill.

It's an issue with the eBay seller rather than Paypal, even though they're both the same company.

I won't comment on the price, but has it got rare carnuba wax in the shampoo because there's a car wax that goes for thousands because of the finish, maybe hair is similar, haha Goodluck with the issue anyway.

I wild contact the product manufacturer. Explain to them what happened, express your love for the product and they may provide you with a letter, maybe even a refund! Large companies are very protective over their brand and only want their quality product on the market. Most consumers don't know a fake product from a real one and that is how they lose customers, with bad product.

Otherwise I would call Paypal and keep seeking a better place to purchase those items. Have you tried finding a trading forum where you could find a friend in another country that y'all could mail each other unique items? Beleive it or not there's "nail mail", nail polish traders, snack mail, even drink mail and all it costs is whatever you send your new found friend.

And I totally understand expensive shampoo and hair products. I've paid $60 for a bottle of shampoo! Curly hair!!!

Did you buy it through eBay? If it's fake for sure you should have some type of buyer protection and should be able to get a refund. And what it sounds like from Paypal's standpoint is that you were trying to sell some e-items but just shipped out $200+ shampoo so the seller is protected.

Wow! Was that gold shampoo? I would think you have grounds to open a dispute.

Maybe you got ripped with the price and paypal won't believe or accept the fact that you sent $265 for a fake shampoo or a cheap one. Something like that, you should file a case either small claims or go for damages. If you have a friend or a family lawyer then that would be better since you would either be spending no money or just the minimal amount. You could never go wrong in filing a suit against these people and even paypal.

$265 dollars for shampoo? Did they use the same bottle to wash the Queen of England's hair? LOL. Be careful buying anything online nowadays. Make sure they have feedback and good ratings before you buy. Otherwise, prepare to be scammed.
    Earn money for chatting with other people. [url]http://www.diskussable.com[/url]

Make sure that the item description didn't state that it wasn't genuine, sometimes the fine print can come back and bite you in the ass. Paypal is just the middleman, they didn't sell the product to you, they didn't set the price, while Paypal sucks, this isn't really on them. Try contacting the seller and asking for a refund because you misunderstood what the product was, if that doesn't work if you can talk to a Paypal representative, definitely do that, best of luck to you.

Geesh, I love my hair, but I can't imagine spending $265 on shampoo!

That said, all you can do is keep arguing with PayPal. Hopefully, you will get your money?

is the fake at least a decent shampoo?

That's terrible What is the genuine brand name? Maybe you can email the company and tell them that you were sold a fake product and have them verify by email that the product you were sold is fake.