Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: product received was fake

Default product received was fake

Bought super expensive shampoo and conditioner from US and it's fake. Paypal insist I have a letter from an authorized dealer saying it us fake but despite me explaining to paypal product not sold in Australia so this isn't achievable they keep saying I have to Have complained but get a template response We are talking $265 so not peanuts

Why did you buy super expensive shampoo? Doesn't regular shampoo do the job for you?

Never heard of paypal doing something like this but surely this is another way you can get your money back.

Quote Originally Posted by jubvman View Post
    Why did you buy super expensive shampoo? Doesn't regular shampoo do the job for you?

Never heard of paypal doing something like this but surely this is another way you can get your money back.
    Right I feel that paypal might say no to it because it's a pretty pricy shampoo. But its hard to believe that, this happened when yet like the other guy said after never hearing paypal doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket13 View Post
    Bought super expensive shampoo and conditioner from US and it's fake. Paypal insist I have a letter from an authorized dealer saying it us fake but despite me explaining to paypal product not sold in Australia so this isn't achievable they keep saying I have to Have complained but get a template response We are talking $265 so not peanuts
    Have you tried calling them, and get a real live person on the other end of the line? sometimes talking to a person helps...

Quote Originally Posted by SeanM View Post
    Have you tried calling them, and get a real live person on the other end of the line? sometimes talking to a person helps...
    You should call, I agree. It really helps out more than just emails!

Just write a letter stating that the product is fake (including pictures) and sign it yourself. Give yourself a title like "Manager of grocery store x".

They can't expect you to find someone of the brand itself and have them confirm it's fake.

Ummm shampoo should never cost that much...my sister is a cosmetologist in a salon..the most I paid was $25 for a good shampoo.

Sorry this happened to you, hopefully paypal will help resolve with more than just $100.

That much for shampoo? That's a bit ridiculous. Paypal are the middle man though aren't they? So shouldn't you be blaming the corporation who sold it to you?

Default Contact Legal Counsel

If its $265 I suggest contacting any lawyers you know and have them draft an email to send to PayPal. I bet that the lawyer knows the right buttons to push and you will probably get your money back promptly. Make sure to leave negative feedback on the seller of the item you bought!

It's very rude for someone to question why you bought the shampoo. It's your hair, it's your choice. I own some very expensive make-up, and that's my decision to make. Some people don't get it.

ANYWAY. How do you know it's fake? Is it possible for you to email pictures to an authorised dealer in the US? They might be able to identify it's fake from the photos and maybe an email back from them would do the trick.