Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Think I'm being scammed, need advice

Hi there, it might be wise to start changing your password in case your password is easily guessed from your birth date. Since he know has all of your information, I would worry more about what he will do with it. Make sure to contact PayPal as well regarding this issue and maybe they will shed you some light on the matter.

Definitely just leave it alone, you did right going to your police department. Try and be as uninvolved as possible, save all e-mails you exchanged with the guy and a copy of the Craigslist posting if possible. Try and get records for everything basically, cover your ass.

Let paypal know what is going on so that they can watch for it. Leave the money in your account. Contact the police (as you have done) and maybe between paypal and the police they can find out where the request for fund is headed.
    No matter what you decide to do, don't spend the money. It is a lot easier to believe you if it doesn't look like you set it up to have money in your account only to empty the account right away.

Definitely sounds like a scam, but I wonder why this person wanted you to keep it. I wonder if they are going to try and charge your Paypal account for things? I don't know. I would definitely report it.

This guy must have been stealing from the company or another account. He wanted someone else to withdraw for him and become the fall guy if anything goes wrong. Keep the money ad let him try to chargeback am sure it will not be successful.
    Professional Article Writing services at affordable prices [URL="http://www.contentneed.com"]contentneed.com[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by chadfmga View Post
    I inquired to a job on craigslist that asked for an office admin,I emailed the guy back with my name resume and phone number,he bypassed all that info and asked me to reply back to him with my name,phone number, and paypal account or bank account. According to him the company only does direct deposit. I for some reason gave him all the info he asked for and he deposited $260 to my paypal account he then asked me to pull out as fast as possible,at that point I got suspicious and went to my local police department and informed then what was going,they advised me to contact my bank and close my account,so I did. The money bounced back to my paypal account and he know wants me to send it back to him...should I keep this money? Or send it back to this guy? I know nothing about him and not sure what to do.
    I don't think you should keep the money as if it sounds to good to be true it usually is and this odd story of a guy giving 260 for nothing sounds to good to be true.
    Like advised I would do nothing, you have done all you can avoid trying to spend it as that could come back and bite you in the bum if the transaction turns out to be dodgy.

Quote Originally Posted by chadfmga View Post
    I inquired to a job on craigslist that asked for an office admin,I emailed the guy back with my name resume and phone number,he bypassed all that info and asked me to reply back to him with my name,phone number, and paypal account or bank account. According to him the company only does direct deposit. I for some reason gave him all the info he asked for and he deposited $260 to my paypal account he then asked me to pull out as fast as possible,at that point I got suspicious and went to my local police department and informed then what was going,they advised me to contact my bank and close my account,so I did. The money bounced back to my paypal account and he know wants me to send it back to him...should I keep this money? Or send it back to this guy? I know nothing about him and not sure what to do.
    If you're going to keep the money, that makes you the scammer. Well by the sounds of it you intend to keep the money. Well that depends upon you if your conscience can take all the guilt it brings then go ahead and do what you want to.