Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calling paypal made everything worse

Default Calling paypal made everything worse

Paypal sucks on so many levels, and they tried to illegally charge me $1.95 for trying to reference my credit card. My credit card company stopped these thieving bastards. Never give these people your bank account number, and tell vendors you will not do business with them if they require you to use paypal. That is what credit cards are for they secure you legally against underhanded purchases. Never use paypal unless you want to lose money, seriously. Also, this is the piss poor agent who screwed everything up Jet-78391. Avoid her as well.

Pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximilian111 View Post
    Paypal sucks on so many levels, and they tried to illegally charge me $1.95 for trying to reference my credit card. My credit card company stopped these thieving bastards. Never give these people your bank account number, and tell vendors you will not do business with them if they require you to use paypal. That is what credit cards are for they secure you legally against underhanded purchases. Never use paypal unless you want to lose money, seriously. Also, this is the piss poor agent who screwed everything up Jet-78391. Avoid her as well.

Pissed.
    I doubt telling vendors will do much, or even prevent them from using them as a payment method. I don't understand though why they would charge 1.95 for referencing your credit card.

I never like those charges they are just a way of stealing from us. I think it is time that PayPal should hear what people complain about and decide to make their services great.
    Professional Article Writing services at affordable prices [URL="http://www.contentneed.com"]contentneed.com[/URL]

Pissed.
    Illegal?

That's a standard charge which is then CREDITED to your account.

They do this so that they can verify your card onto your account.

Honestly, don't bother posting here unless you actually know about Paypals terms and conditions.

At least your credit card company helped you by cutting it off. It's really a sad thing for people instead to be of help or helping customers with their problems actually add to their problems by being irrational, intolerable creatures. I have had experiences with many support systems or customer services that have been a bad taste in the mouth and made me more infuriated than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by rossonomous View Post
    Illegal?

That's a standard charge which is then CREDITED to your account.

They do this so that they can verify your card onto your account.

Honestly, don't bother posting here unless you actually know about Paypals terms and conditions.
    That's a huge amount.. I only got charged .05 for the bank account and like .13 for the card. I feel as if the fee for what they charged them is more then normal but it's how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by sethky View Post
    That's a huge amount.. I only got charged .05 for the bank account and like .13 for the card. I feel as if the fee for what they charged them is more then normal but it's how it is.
    Yeah, it is a huge amount, when I made my account it was 0.01 I think. It depends on location.

Just to re-iterate.

Please see this article about card charges - [url]https://www.paypal.com/vc/webapps/helpcenter/article/?solutionId=12603&topicID=11400026&m=HHT[/url]

It clearly states the amount in USD and that it is credited back to you.

Pissed.
    I also don't understand why they charged you. I don't recall ever having to pay them anything other than the average transaction fee. I feel for you though and hope you get this problem sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by rossonomous View Post
    Just to re-iterate.

Please see this article about card charges - [url]https://www.paypal.com/vc/webapps/helpcenter/article/?solutionId=12603&topicID=11400026&m=HHT[/url]

It clearly states the amount in USD and that it is credited back to you.
    That's actually a pretty decent link, a bit confusing cause they say its 1.95 for USD ONLY if they can't figure your location, but for mine since they could it was a low amount.