Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can received money be reversed or limited?

Unregistered Guest

Default Can received money be reversed or limited?

Hi,
    just sold a computer on ebay and finally got my money available after waiting for about two weeks. Just wondering if I sent that amount of money to my friends paypal account could they freeze or limit access to use his balance if the customer bought my computer files a dispute? Is it just my business or will they take any action to funds on my friends account?
    Thank you!

Toster Guest

Just withdraw the money and do it fast. Sending the money to a friends account might raise flags with paypal, hell even a fart will raise flags with paypal. Your account or your friends account could get limited at any time for any or no reason.

Nothing for nothing but it sounds like you might be up to something fishy, just my opinion.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
    hi,
    just sold a computer on ebay and finally got my money available after waiting for about two weeks. Just wondering if i sent that amount of money to my friends paypal account could they freeze or limit access to use his balance if the customer bought my computer files a dispute? Is it just my business or will they take any action to funds on my friends account?
    Thank you!
    anything can happen with paypal!

Whatever you do, DO NOT send it to your friends account both yours and his accounts will be frozen, the safest thing to do is send it to your bank account, as your bank cannot give Paypal access to your account under the law, without your expressed instructions...

Quote Originally Posted by Toster View Post
    Just withdraw the money and do it fast. Sending the money to a friends account might raise flags with paypal, hell even a fart will raise flags with paypal. Your account or your friends account could get limited at any time for any or no reason.

Nothing for nothing but it sounds like you might be up to something fishy, just my opinion.
    I agree. You should definitely withdraw the money and keep it while you can. If paypal will draw red flags from your transactions they will suspend or limit your account anytime since it is their discretion do that at the moment they come up with a suspicion or just for the fun of it.

Don't be that afraid by what the guys above me are saying. For issues like those, a simple phone call usually solves the situation. And I don't know why wouldn't you be able to safely send money to your friend?

However, as someone said - anything can happen with PayPal. I tend to withdraw my money ASAP, because I don't like taking any chances. If he's your friend, why not just meet up with him and hand him the cash?
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
    ― Bernard M. Baruch

It's funny to see how people think Paypal is the worst company in the world just because they read that some scammer got scammed while scamming people. Or someone got his account blocked because he was selling drugs (which he would never tell of course, it was all a scammer's fault).

Don't worry, the money is safe with Paypal. Withdraw it whenever you like, to whichever account of bank you like.

I think that is wrong to withdraw it right away or send it to a friend's paypal account. Either way if the person you sold the computer too does file a claim they will put a hold on your account and if that person wins the dispute they will just take the money out of your bank account or credit card on file. Why would the buyer place a dispute?

If you send the money to your friends paypal, paypal COULD limit his account as well. The first thing that would happen if a chargeback is initiated is that paypal would limit your account and your balance would be negative. If it's a large amount and you don't resolve your negative balance, paypal will send debt collectors.

Are you transferring the money out of your paypal account into his? Or are you borrowing his to make the transaction? I'm a little confused on that, but if you use his for the transaction and they do a charge back he will have a negative account.