Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Withdrawal delays, is this something new??

Exclamation Withdrawal delays, is this something new??

My withdrawals are suddenly taking 24-72 hours when previously it was taking 15-30 minutes. Paypal have said this is due to higher volumes of people withdrawing and this is normal. It isnt normal as I have never seen this before in 4 years of trading. I'm very suspicious and wonder if anyone else is suffering these delays.

Quote Originally Posted by jayman View Post
    My withdrawals are suddenly taking 24-72 hours when previously it was taking 15-30 minutes. Paypal have said this is due to higher volumes of people withdrawing and this is normal. It isnt normal as I have never seen this before in 4 years of trading. I'm very suspicious and wonder if anyone else is suffering these delays.
    Those withdrawls are normal, sadly I remember when they felt fast/instant with the 30 minute wait but now with them having a huge client base the 24-72 is reasonable and yes I've had those delays.

It's normal. Just because you haven't experienced it before doesn't mean it's wrong.

Normally they say that it takes 3-4 days to transfer your money so they are within their stipulated time frame to transfer the funds.
    Professional Article Writing services at affordable prices [URL="http://www.contentneed.com"]contentneed.com[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by mikelouis View Post
    Normally they say that it takes 3-4 days to transfer your money so they are within their stipulated time frame to transfer the funds.
    True. Don't just assume it's suspicious because you never experienced it. They need to manually check every transaction to make sure nothing looks suspicious and given the extremely high amount of users, it takes longer than it used to.

For transactions from your paypal account to your bank account, it could take up to 3-5 days. When you submit the withdrawal request, there will be a "pending" status on your paypal account. Probably in 1 or 2 days the "pending" will turn into "complete" but that doesn't mean the money is in your bank account yet. The "complete" only means that paypal has completed the money transfer to your local bank. Your bank will then take another 1 to 2 days to transfer the money from Paypal to your bank account.

This is nothing new, it is something necessary to make sure they money is legitimate and that is goes to the right place. They have a such a large userbase now that they have to be careful, and it takes more time. This is one of those times where we simply need to be patient.

I have never had withdrawals take less than 3 days. I don't know how you were able to get your funds so quickly, but you were lucky.

Although I have never had such a long delay, there is nothing new here. Even though electronic fund transfers should be instant, sometimes even the banks can't do it immediately. If one of the accounts has frequent transactions, it is appropriate to make sure that the same funds haven't been spent several times while they are "pending" transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by sethky View Post
    Those withdrawls are normal, sadly I remember when they felt fast/instant with the 30 minute wait but now with them having a huge client base the 24-72 is reasonable and yes I've had those delays.
    They have had those delays for as long as I can actually remember.