Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: small amounts taken from my account

Default small amounts taken from my account

I have notice lately that Paypal have been charging more than the 3.4% + 20p fee when I deposit money into my account. I have emailed them twice to explain this but they just refer me to standard answers in their Help area. It has been 50 or 60p over the fee here and there but it mounts up and if they are doing this to a lot of people working on the assumption that people don't check the transactions then they are making a fortune from us.

Quote Originally Posted by chadfmga View Post
    I have notice lately that Paypal have been charging more than the 3.4% + 20p fee when I deposit money into my account. I have emailed them twice to explain this but they just refer me to standard answers in their Help area. It has been 50 or 60p over the fee here and there but it mounts up and if they are doing this to a lot of people working on the assumption that people don't check the transactions then they are making a fortune from us.
    Like everyone says on other threads, call them! This is will work the best for you. If you call them they might be able to help you out and such and maybe refund you.

Wow! Really??

This is something else. If they don't resolve this issue for you I'm sure you can take them to court if you choose. Even though they have the better lawyers, you have the better case.

People need to stop suggesting taking Paypal to court over these tiny little cases.

If you take Paypal to court, you will #1 Have to pay court and attorney fees therefore losing out and #2 You will get killed by Paypal because they will always have an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by rossonomous View Post
    People need to stop suggesting taking Paypal to court over these tiny little cases.

If you take Paypal to court, you will #1 Have to pay court and attorney fees therefore losing out and #2 You will get killed by Paypal because they will always have an answer.
    I can not stress how much this comment is right. Don't be stupid, people. Do you ever think sueing a multi billion dollar company for something this small will ever get you anything? What are you going to do? Pay a lawyer $5k just to get 60p back?

Quote Originally Posted by Delusional View Post
    I can not stress how much this comment is right. Don't be stupid, people. Do you ever think sueing a multi billion dollar company for something this small will ever get you anything? What are you going to do? Pay a lawyer $5k just to get 60p back?
    Its not realistic but it is just. No matter the amount, your money is your money and the law is the law.

I agree, they are wrong to be taking any amount from your account, especially as it is your money and not theirs, certainly it is not a fund that they can just dip into at any point in time.

But and this is a big but, nothing good will come from taking them to court, you will end up spending more on a lawyer and such than you will receive back if you even win the case.

Also, companies such as this tend to blacklist anyone who would take them to court, unless that is you get the best judge in the world, who is willing to make an example of them (which is highly unlikely).

In my opinion, you should withdraw your funds, close your account with them and open an account with another company.

Paypal are charging you for putting money into your account? How are you depositing? I never knew these charges even existed!

I just send the money from my bank account and have never been charged...

Quote Originally Posted by VivaLa View Post
    Paypal are charging you for putting money into your account? How are you depositing? I never knew these charges even existed!

I just send the money from my bank account and have never been charged...
    Me neither. I have never been charged for depositing money into Paypal. They might charge you to get money out but not to put money in.

Don't think I've ever been charged when depositing or even when withdrawing. Only when receiving.