Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do I get my money back from shady seller?

First thing you should do is to contact the bank and request a chargeback. Ebay has good buyer protection, so you can file a claim with them as well. The buyers are much more protected than the sellers on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Christina Nord View Post
    First thing you should do is to contact the bank and request a chargeback. Ebay has good buyer protection, so you can file a claim with them as well. The buyers are much more protected than the sellers on this site.
    This is absolutely correct/ This happens all the time, and this usually how it is handled. Just do not wait too long or this won't even be possible.
    It's just business!

Quote Originally Posted by Christina Nord View Post
    I agree with this advice. Ebay is usually very good at helping buyers that have been scammed.

I would keep bothering PayPal about it. Did you open up a PayPal dispute yet? I had an issue like this once and when I opened up the PayPal dispute they actually did handle it well. I would also let your credit card company know about this.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle22 View Post
    I would keep bothering PayPal about it. Did you open up a PayPal dispute yet? I had an issue like this once and when I opened up the PayPal dispute they actually did handle it well. I would also let your credit card company know about this.
    Yeah. Paypal always helps the buyers. There are plenty of methods to get your money back. Like everyone said. Open a dispute, and chargeback. Simple.
    It's just business!

That is terrible. I would keep trying, and definitely file a small claim if they ignore you. Maybe even just the threat of a lawsuit will get them to have a change of heart.

Chargeback on your credit card statement. This should surely get you your money back. Tell them it was an unauthorized transaction if anything else. Good luck.
    Earn money for chatting with other people. [url]http://www.diskussable.com[/url]

If you bought the phone through eBay, you can leave negative feedback for the buyer and open an "item not as described" case against them.
    You can also leave them terrible one star Detailed Seller Ratings.
    Those DSRs count for a lot and can get a seller limited or suspended.

Another option you can do in addition to the other suggestions is to file a mail fraud complaint with the post office.

When you mention that they are claiming you "took too long", how long are we talking here? A few days? A few weeks? A few months? If it was several weeks or months before you finally got back to them, I could see where they are skeptical.

I think the average consumer would have been calling them immediately that day to make arrangements to resolve this. The longer it went on the more likely the consumer was perhaps pulling some sort of scam themselves. It's just as plausible for a consumer to complain they got a fake phone and swap it out with the real one they received, then ship the fake one back.