Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do I get my money back from shady seller?

Where did you buy it? Paypal has a buyer's protection service that might cover it if you have proof you were scammed. Hope you get your money back!

If you don't get your money back via PayPal and you are in the US, pursue justice in a small claims court. Press charges. Don't let the seller get away.

If you've bought it from E-Bay and there's no return policy, you can't get your money back. However, if there is a policy like this, you should call the police and sue the scammer(s).

I would call both ebay and paypal. I would even call repeatedly if necessary. Ask to speak to a supervisor when you call. This was fraud, and you should be protected.

The two best options here are a credit card chargeback or going to small claims court, which will cost some money and involve confrontation with the seller. It would also cause them to become more held responsible for their actions. If you have all the necessary info, I think it's likely the courts would find in your favor. Chargeback should be your first stop.

What are the chances of getting your money back? I find it quite difficult to achieve but I would like to hear from someone who actually got their money back after a bad experience with a seller.

This is the 1st time that I read a case where Paypal didn't side with the buyer. I guess they are not convinced with your reason? Maybe it was way past the 45 day mark, and you failed to file a dispute after 45 days, that's why they said that you took too long.

Chargeback is the only option here. Let the credit card company deal with them. This is why I do not like buying things from non top rated sellers. Next time make sure they have that badge, the chances of being scammed are less.
    Professional Article Writing services at affordable prices [URL="http://www.contentneed.com"]contentneed.com[/URL]

Doing some research should be the rule in all cases. But no matter how careful you are, you might still be tricked and in cases like this you should have PayPal's support.

Quote Originally Posted by getupstandup View Post
    I purchased a "Galaxy S3" through Paypal only the phone is not a Galaxy, it's just a simple phone in the shape of a Galaxy. Paypal sent me on a chicken goose chase to get them all different documents they wanted proving it was a fake and then tells me it took too long to get the documents so they can't refund my money. Mind you I had the documents to them in the appropriate amount of time, they just didn't like the wording so I had to get it rewritten and by then it was too long. As you can imagine I'm pissed and need my money back!!!!!!!!! What can I do, will I have to take the seller or paypal to small claims court to get my money back????
    Yes. Either papyapl or the seller.