Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do I get my money back from shady seller?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default How do I get my money back from shady seller?

I purchased a "Galaxy S3" through Paypal only the phone is not a Galaxy, it's just a simple phone in the shape of a Galaxy. Paypal sent me on a chicken goose chase to get them all different documents they wanted proving it was a fake and then tells me it took too long to get the documents so they can't refund my money. Mind you I had the documents to them in the appropriate amount of time, they just didn't like the wording so I had to get it rewritten and by then it was too long. As you can imagine I'm pissed and need my money back!!!!!!!!! What can I do, will I have to take the seller or paypal to small claims court to get my money back????

Did you buy it over eBay?

File a chargeback through your credit card. Provide your credit card with the necessary information and let them deal with Paypal. Chances are you will receive your money back as Paypal can't site "customer took to long" as a reason for siding with the seller. You might be able to start the chargeback process through your credit card's online account service. If not, call them and they will walk you through the process.

I'm shocked though, normally they side with the seller. Especially if they were ok with the documents provided.

What did you buy it through?

If it was eBay they have a protection plan.

Otherwise I agree with the last poster that said you should file a chargeback.

Quote Originally Posted by LivetoErr View Post
    File a chargeback through your credit card. Provide your credit card with the necessary information and let them deal with Paypal. Chances are you will receive your money back as Paypal can't site "customer took to long" as a reason for siding with the seller. You might be able to start the chargeback process through your credit card's online account service. If not, call them and they will walk you through the process.

I'm shocked though, normally they side with the seller. Especially if they were ok with the documents provided.
    This is the best info that you could have right now. The most like the guy said is contact your credit card company people there have alot more power over that then you do.

You took too long? really? I mean that kinda... you should file a charge back through your credit card company, they'll set things straigh through Paypal.

It has been a while.. but you can try and call paypal. The thing with paypal is that they always agree with the buyer so you have a good chance.

Chargeback on your credit card statement. This should surely get you your money back. Tell them it was an unauthorized transaction if anything else. Good luck.
    Earn money for chatting with other people. [url]http://www.diskussable.com[/url]

Since PayPal has not been helpful on your case, your best bet would be to file a chargeback for your credit card. Hopefully your bank is more understanding and will help you on this issue. Anyway, how long is long? The longer you wait, the smaller your chance to get your money recovered.

If you've bought it from E-Bay and there's no return policy, you can't get your money back. However, if there is a policy like this, you should call the police and sue the scammer(s).