Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paypal gave away my item for free

Default Paypal gave away my item for free

Sold a customer some hair extensions worth about $250 dollars. The customer received the items and told me it was for his daughter and she was happy with them. Two days later I get a charge back saying that it wasn't him that placed the order and Paypal took my money. Did not protect me at all and I still don't have the item back! They always side with the buyer no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by getupstandup View Post
    Sold a customer some hair extensions worth about $250 dollars. The customer received the items and told me it was for his daughter and she was happy with them. Two days later I get a charge back saying that it wasn't him that placed the order and Paypal took my money. Did not protect me at all and I still don't have the item back! They always side with the buyer no matter what.
    Not to go against what I've said before, but didn't you check and make sure that the address on paypal was the same you send it to? If you didn't and they were different that's your fault. If it was the same address you should request a signature if it's expensive for me 75+ is expensive and deserves a signature. Hopefully you learnt that and wont make the same mistake next time.

Quote Originally Posted by sethky View Post
    Not to go against what I've said before, but didn't you check and make sure that the address on paypal was the same you send it to? If you didn't and they were different that's your fault. If it was the same address you should request a signature if it's expensive for me 75+ is expensive and deserves a signature. Hopefully you learnt that and wont make the same mistake next time.
    I have to agree. You could have checked and asked to see if the address was the same. If you have this information as a screenshot, you might have had a chance at winning the dispute.
    Either way, they should send the item back as it is not what they wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Delusional View Post
    I have to agree. You could have checked and asked to see if the address was the same. If you have this information as a screenshot, you might have had a chance at winning the dispute.
    Either way, they should send the item back as it is not what they wanted.
    Unfortunately you wont get the money but you will atleast get your item back and be able to sell it again. Not much you can do about this one!

Well did she at least send back the hair extensions? I think that's the only thing that you can do at this time, to wait for the item so you can at least recover your losses.

Quote Originally Posted by sidney View Post
    Well did she at least send back the hair extensions? I think that's the only thing that you can do at this time, to wait for the item so you can at least recover your losses.
    From reading that it sounds like the buyer didn't return the item. So basically she got the hair extension and money back..

You may have made a mistake with the address or some such, as they are fairly anal as regards to details being perfect, they do take the side of the buyer pretty much all the time, but if it is a case of a mistake on your part, then Paypal isn't to blame.

I would check and if it isn't by a fault of your own I would make an appeal because that was a very expensive piece of kit that you sold, and you should have been justly rewarded for it.

How is that possible? You should definitely look into the details of the shipping and try to file a complaint if you have the right information. Try contacting the buyer to refund the item.

I agree with other people in here.
    You should have checked the information better before sending it, especially knowing how common stolen PayPal accounts are now days.

I would suggest contacting customer service and informing them of this fraud. Hopefully you still have the shipping confirmation to show that you actually sent the item. If this does not work I would suggest going through the company which you sold through.