Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Competing Seller threw me under the bus

Default Competing Seller threw me under the bus

I was selling galaxy s4' on ebay, I was selling for $340, everyone was jumping on it. Then a seller with a ranking of 99.1% w/ 800+ feedback questioned my price, i checked his name and seen he was selling the same thing as me but double! He said he called ebay on me to say my phone were not real, They were indeed real, I sold only 4 phones before ebay shut my ass out and said i'm INDEFINITELY SUSPENDED... never had a complaint before had 100% pos feedback (36) 8 of which were seller feedback for HIGH end items (faberge egg $1600), I do good business but ebay took up for this guy who was threatened. and close my account, pitiful!

That's horrible that they gave him that much power. Can you start up a new account? It's the worst because you already had some positive feedback and now you have to start from the bottom. Why not take it to Amazon?

That is ridiculous that they let him influence them into closing your account! That is totally not fair. I would try Amazon instead now that eBay has kicked you out.

I don't understand how PayPal can operate the way that they do. It's my understanding that PayPal and eBay are owned by the same people. This explains how they operate on eBay which I think is very shady. I think there should be an investigation into how PayPal can hold your money, suspend or limit your account at their leisure.
    Last edited by karmaskeeper; 02-12-2014 at 02:36 AM.

Nskdkdjdmm

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post
    I was selling galaxy s4' on ebay, I was selling for $340, everyone was jumping on it. Then a seller with a ranking of 99.1% w/ 800+ feedback questioned my price, i checked his name and seen he was selling the same thing as me but double! He said he called ebay on me to say my phone were not real, They were indeed real, I sold only 4 phones before ebay shut my ass out and said i'm INDEFINITELY SUSPENDED... never had a complaint before had 100% pos feedback (36) 8 of which were seller feedback for HIGH end items (faberge egg $1600), I do good business but ebay took up for this guy who was threatened. and close my account, pitiful!
    While it was disturbing that ebay just took this guy's side without doing prior research of their own, I have to ask, how were you able to sell S4s for so cheap?

Wow, why did they assume the guy was correct without actually investigating the problem? That's really unfair. There's always Amazon as an alternative, but i would be livid if I were you.

That's pretty sad that they did that. Did you call them up to see if they said anything else, or why the exact reason was. If you do you should tell us how it went!

I would say it is definitely worth your time to call ebay. There are rules about competitors interfering with your business. I too find it odd that they would aromatically take his side without contacting you first. Are you sure you don't have any messages from ebay in your inbox?

Are you sure there are no messages you missed from them? While I know that both services (paypal and ebay) tend to suck sometimes I don't understand how they would close accounts with no previous notice or discussion.

While the feedback you have (36) is not comparable with the 800 the other guy has, it's still feedback, and good. So, no reason to simply close your account. Maybe they required some proof and you missed those requests?