Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paypal not accepting my VISA

Default Paypal not accepting my VISA

Why won't PayPal take my Visa? Every online place takes my Visa, but I can't get past the error messages on the PayPal site. So frustrating! And there's no way to contact them without signing up for their stupid community, which I do NOT want to be a part of... Sucky interface and no customer support. Very poor business model.

Quote Originally Posted by FtDrumLTC View Post
    Why won't PayPal take my Visa? Every online place takes my Visa, but I can't get past the error messages on the PayPal site. So frustrating! And there's no way to contact them without signing up for their stupid community, which I do NOT want to be a part of... Sucky interface and no customer support. Very poor business model.
    Why not call their customer support and try to see if they can help? Is there money on the card? Is the card expired? It's hard to say why just call them up.

Quote Originally Posted by FtDrumLTC View Post
    You can ring them without signing up.

The interface sin't that bad? Customer support is some of the worst ever though.

What error message are you getting?

I had the same problem tonight. I tried to add my visa card and it said I needed to send in a copy of Mu statement and a copy of my ID. Thankfully it didn't limit my account, I was simply trying to add it as another form of payment. It only has maybe $1 available but I don't have any pending charges and all of the info is correct. PayPal has its own rules and enforces them whenever it pleases.

If it is giving the error message that your card provider has declined the transaction try using another card. Their system can be a bit picky sometimes. I had the same issue but after changing to another card, all is good now.

Really VISA? They refuse to accept Visa? There must be something wrong with them or their systems as to why they are preventing you from using your VISA card which is a very credible and good source of money specially since it is plastic money and a guaranteed one. Well you should try other alternatives if you would like to.

Default Give the real people a shot

Call in their customer service line and tell them what is going on. I am sure they will help you in fixing your problem. whether it be your card or the system. Just remember the customer service representatives are people too, and you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

I heared that Paypal encourages MasterCard and not VISA but still I'm not 100% sure of this affirmation. I also had problems with my VISA card but I simply called them and they managed to fix. Try contacting the support even though they are not very helpful all the time.

Paypal has some rules when it comes to expiry dates of visa cards. If your visa card is about to expire, let's say a few months before that, that is more likely the reason why it is getting rejected. As far as I know, they have a policy of at least 6 months before expiry. Try to use other cards which have a further expiry date and it might work better.

This is normal. Some issuers are not accepted as cards. The only thing you can do is get another card and preferable at another bank.
    It could also possible that you just filled it in wrong.