Thread: ebay is so bogus

Default ebay is so bogus

I sold a pair of Authentic shoes on ebay. The buyer gets them and 3 days later paypal puts a hold on the fund. I respond to the case and tell the buyer to send the shoes back unworn with the original box and I will offer a full refund. Six days later I get an e-mail from paypal stating they ruled in favor of the buyer and my paypal account has refunded the buyer their money and the shoes have been destroyed ( like the buyer destroyed the shoes..I think not). By the way my shoes were definitely authentic but what goes around comes around. I am so not done with them!!

This is a known tactic. Paypal even once requested that an antique violin should be destroyed in order to receive the money back. Don't sell anything that can possibly be disputed as fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Delusional View Post
    This is a known tactic. Paypal even once requested that an antique violin should be destroyed in order to receive the money back. Don't sell anything that can possibly be disputed as fake.
    I read this article last week. What a strange situation that was.

Quote Originally Posted by Delusional View Post
    Honestly that makes no sense. Why would paypal ask them to destroy a product to get their money back?

Quote Originally Posted by snowchuck View Post
    I sold a pair of Authentic shoes on ebay. The buyer gets them and 3 days later paypal puts a hold on the fund. I respond to the case and tell the buyer to send the shoes back unworn with the original box and I will offer a full refund. Six days later I get an e-mail from paypal stating they ruled in favor of the buyer and my paypal account has refunded the buyer their money and the shoes have been destroyed ( like the buyer destroyed the shoes..I think not). By the way my shoes were definitely authentic but what goes around comes around. I am so not done with them!!
    File a case against both of them; the buyer and E-bay that's how you get refunds or damages. Try reasoning with them first and if does not work that way you could always proceed to litigation.

That really sucks. Scammers. I don't know what else you could do. You can file a case but that takes forever and they'll probably blow you off anyway since you were already ruled against once.

Asking to destroy the item?! That is just.. nuts. What on earth could be the logic behind that for eBay? Aside from being wasteful I mean. It would hard to prove that items are counterfeit and they always automatically take the side of the buyer which only makes it worse. I hope you get back your money somehow.