Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Buyer leaves positive feedback then files chargeback

Any updates on this, did you solve your problem with Paypal?

I don't understand how in the world, after a month has passed, are they able to do charge backs? I imagine that there's a time limit for such things, and after that limit is reached the buyer cannot complain or issue charges anymore. That seems like the normal way of doing things, but not with PayPal apparently.

I also don't understand what's the deal with the feedback. If it was positive the transaction should be cast in stone.

That sounds horrible!! I definitely wouldn't let it go. I would keep contacting Paypal, especially if the user has been known to do it before. I can't believe that they aren't looking further into this!!

That is so unfair, especially to do your son! Definitely a scammer, try calling customer service and speaking to a manager. If Paypal doesn't help you then you should try opening a case, stealing from people is one thing, but stealing from kids in another. Best of luck to you and your son.

What is wrong with buyers these days, You receive an item and you say it was not delivered. That makes PayPal to immediately chargeback on the seller account without even listening to their story.
    Professional Article Writing services at affordable prices [URL="http://www.contentneed.com"]contentneed.com[/URL]

This seems to be happening more and more often, so many scammers on eBay and elsewhere. Hoping all the best for your son that this issue gets resolved. The fact that the buyer left positive feedback is unnerving, not sure what's behind that. Either way something should be done to better protect sellers on eBay/Paypal.

Quote Originally Posted by bonnieann5275 View Post
    This seems to be happening more and more often, so many scammers on eBay and elsewhere. Hoping all the best for your son that this issue gets resolved. The fact that the buyer left positive feedback is unnerving, not sure what's behind that. Either way something should be done to better protect sellers on eBay/Paypal.
    Agreed, they should have noticed a trend by now, either that or they should have a policy in which the buyer should return the product before being reimbursed, because to me it seems like they are only doing it for free stuff which is disgusting.

We all know paypal doesn't look after its customers.

The situation you describe sounds like the typical scam where someone's ebay and paypal accounts are hacked, the hacker makes it look like a normal transaction and a couple of weeks later when the legitimate account holder realizes the unauthorized transactions they file a chargeback.

Unfortunately paypal doesn't really care about this, they just penalize the seller, when in fact it is their fault for not having a proper secure system to prevent hacking. I too was affected by this and had several chargebacks from compromised accounts in the past.

It sounds like you were scammed by both an Ebayer and Paypal. Do Paypal even check these things before they take people's money? It's absolutely ridiculous that these kind of things are allowed to happen. I hope you and your son manage to resolve the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by strokeontent View Post
    We all know paypal doesn't look after its customers.

The situation you describe sounds like the typical scam where someone's ebay and paypal accounts are hacked, the hacker makes it look like a normal transaction and a couple of weeks later when the legitimate account holder realizes the unauthorized transactions they file a chargeback.

Unfortunately paypal doesn't really care about this, they just penalize the seller, when in fact it is their fault for not having a proper secure system to prevent hacking. I too was affected by this and had several chargebacks from compromised accounts in the past.
    That is where you are wrong I am afraid, I am of the opinion that they are taking care of some of their customers, although it just happens to be the ones that are buying using them and then filing disputes, because they make money from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tersuss View Post
    Agreed, they should have noticed a trend by now, either that or they should have a policy in which the buyer should return the product before being reimbursed, because to me it seems like they are only doing it for free stuff which is disgusting.
    Exactly, and if it's a case of stolen identity and items being bought and shipped to identity thieves, rigorous tracking of delivery confirmations should expose the locations of those thieves.

Basically, Paypal should put much more effort into fraud prevention and handling instead of automatically supporting a buyer and expecting sellers to take the loss. Sometimes they are both victims and this needs to be taken into account as well when developing better policies.