Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buyer leaves positive feedback then files chargeback

Default Buyer leaves positive feedback then files chargeback

My son sold a phone on ebay, the buyer left positive feed back and then one month later the buyer claimed an unauthorized transaction on her credit card. Paypal did a charge back but despite my son evidencing the posting of the item and subsequently uncovering the same buyer had done this several other times paypal will not respond to any communications and now my son is without the phone and minus 450

Probably a scammer. They left positive feedback to make it look like an accident or add confusion to the situation. I would call customer service IMMEDIATELY.
    Earn money for chatting with other people. [url]http://www.diskussable.com[/url]

That is such a slap in the face. Can you leave them negative feedback and post how they are using chargebacks to get free stuff. I hate scammers who try to get a freebie from sellers.

Unfortunately, once you leave feedback in Ebay, you can't change them anymore. So I guess your son has pretty much zero options left when it comes to getting back the phone or his money. I wonder why Paypal is turning a blind eye on complaints from sellers even if they have sufficient evidence to prove that they were scammed. They should sometimes side with the seller, considering they get commissions for every sale, while they get no added fees from the buyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Soccamama View Post
    My son sold a phone on ebay, the buyer left positive feed back and then one month later the buyer claimed an unauthorized transaction on her credit card. Paypal did a charge back but despite my son evidencing the posting of the item and subsequently uncovering the same buyer had done this several other times paypal will not respond to any communications and now my son is without the phone and minus 450
    Was a signature taken on delivery?

Maybe call Paypal instead of asking people who don't have anything to do with Paypal what to do? They are the only ones that can clear this up. You have the evidence so this wouldn't be a problem.

Yikes, this is an instance where I think Paypal should give a little to the seller.

If the buyer gave positive feedback what could be the reason they gave for the chargeback? When I tried to submit a chargeback for an item I bought online (that was falsely advertised) my credit card company required an obscene amount of proof. I, honestly, felt it wasn't worth the effort and dropped the claim.

If the item broke after they submitted the positive feedback, that's not the sellers fault. Used items always have some risk attached to them. Furthermore, if it is known that the buyer has done this before why doesn't Paypal investigate and limit her account? I think their blind eye to buyers is getting a bit ridiculous.

Granted, I'm saying this without knowing the whole story...

Quote Originally Posted by Soccamama View Post
    That is disgraceful, sadly there is a lot of this happening nowadays, especially with the likes of Paypal, again sadly there is not a lot that can be done about it as they are a multibillion dollar business and there is little to no way of winning a lawsuit against them.

I hope that there is something that can be done.

How are they not responding to any communication? Sounds like you are trying to email them. You need to call that way you are sure to speak with someone. You claim to have undeniable proof so you should win this dispute.

It seems you are going to get screwed over by Paypal, like many before you.