Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I get my Frozen money from Paypal?

Default How do I get my Frozen money from Paypal?

I have sent money to a merchant which was a security deposit for an advance on my wages, Paypal has decided to freeze the account firstly it was for 21 days and now it is 180 days. I am not the only one this has happened to, I have rang Paypal so many time but I might as well hit my head against a brick wall !!!!!! What can I do?

What is the reason the blocked the account? They don't block it and don't tell you why. So can you provide us with that information?

Quote Originally Posted by Delusional View Post
    What is the reason the blocked the account? They don't block it and don't tell you why. So can you provide us with that information?
    Yeah we can only help you out if you tell us the reason. They probably responded to you via email or phone about the reasons. Write them down here so we can help you out!

For now I have a few ideas why

-The account wasn't verified. This basically means that you haven't verified the account and that they are holding it till you verify the account.

-This was a relatively large sum compared to your normal transactions.

In the long run it's hard to tell unless you supply more info

You were doing something suspicious, they won't freeze your funds for no reason.
    I have several ideas:
    • it's a new account
    • it's a non-verified account
    • there is an issue with your credit card and/or bank account
    • you aren't using PayPal for such big transactions usually

If it's anything like this, they have their right to be suspicious.

Since you already said you called them, I'm guessing you should message them. But don't be unprofessional (using a lot of "!"), like you are here. I mean this is a forum, but when doing serious business, be as professional if possible - it'll help you to resolve the situation quicker.

Or you can always wait 180 days, I guess.

Good luck!
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
    ― Bernard M. Baruch

I don't understand why people post on this forum, asking for help, and don't provide any details.

Paypal always provides a reason for their actions, legit or not. The fact that the hold went from 21 to 180 days, suggests there is an issue with the account. Did you verify it? Is all your information current? Did you provide the documents necessary for them to lift the hold?

At least, let us know why they extended the hold!

Quote Originally Posted by LivetoErr View Post
    I don't understand why people post on this forum, asking for help, and don't provide any details.

Paypal always provides a reason for their actions, legit or not. The fact that the hold went from 21 to 180 days, suggests there is an issue with the account. Did you verify it? Is all your information current? Did you provide the documents necessary for them to lift the hold?

At least, let us know why they extended the hold!
    So true. Although they are a poor company, they still provide reasons for their crappy behaviour.

It is very rare that Paypal will freeze funds without providing a reason.

If they choose not to give it to you, it will be extremely hard to obtain it. I think that they have some rule in the ToS that allows them to possess the money that is in your PayPal wallet.
    Earn money for chatting with other people. [url]http://www.diskussable.com[/url]

Well did they give you a reason as to why they blocked your account, they are a pain to deal with at times but you should be able to appeal the reason as to why they actually locked your account, unfortunately I am not sure you can withdraw anything as a result of your account being locked.

I am guessing that you had a few transactions that involve a lot of money before getting your paypal account to be verified. I think it's better to verify your paypal account before doing large transactions as paypal paid attention to things like that. And try calling paypal to see if they can provide a solution for you. Perhaps there's a misunderstanding of some sort and they will activate your account again.