Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Initial withdrawal of 1.95$ when you create an account?

They are doing it to verify your authenticity. I think this deduction method happens in only some countries. In my place they deposit some amount to account, and you have to confirm the amount thus deposited to confirm your bank account. I don't know whether they charges back the amount in next transaction.

I am not familiar with this procedure? I am quite confused as to what you mean. Have paypal now started depositing $1.95 in your account for verification instead of 0.1p. I signed up in the UK some time ago and am not aware of any new initial withdrawal procedures.

hmmm that's really odd. I never experienced this using Paypal. Are you sure you didn't subscribe for some service? If you're just using a regular unverified/verified individual paypal account there should be no charge.

Rules vary from country to country. If you were charged $1.95, that means you opened your account from outside of the US and they need to verify your Paypal and linked bank account as belonging to the right/same person. They also do this to maintain a hold on your ability to transfer funds from Paypal to your bank account. It's more of a security policy rather than a scam, BUT Paypal does have some shady policies going on in the background.

Trust me, the $1.95 is nothing. Just wait till your account gets locked by Paypal for no apparent reason and you'll have a real complaint. I hope this doesn't happen to you though, so tread carefully. Paypal acts like a deranged ex-wife sometimes.

When I verified my account they deposited 10 cents into my bank account and then withdrew it within minutes...I've never seen anything else from them on my bank statements and I'd better not since I don't fund it through bank accounts.

Uhhh, my withdrawal when I make accounts has always been like, .01 or maybe a little more. I don't know what's going on with your account, that's really strange.

It has been a while since I opened my account, but I seem to remember a 1 penny charge, it was not a $2.00 charge I know that! Are you in America? Are you sure it was a legitimate PayPal account?

Its outside of the US. Thats why probably. I am in the EU.

I never had to pay $1.98, its almost nothing to verify things. Rates will vary from country to country, its the cost of doing business where you live.