Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Initial withdrawal of 1.95$ when you create an account?

Default paypal

I have never encountered fees before with the Paypal group they have always paid me and on time also

Are you sure it was paypal that charged the fee? When I opened my account and linked it to my bank Paypal made two small deposits to ensure the correct information was given. When I saw this I linked it to an account that had no fees as my usual bank charges hefty EFT fees.
    Is it possible your bank charged the fee as something similar to an ATM transaction?

This money is used to verify that you are the actual owner of the bank account or the credit card. Simply enter the code that will be on the transaction and your money will be returned. No complains here.
    Professional Article Writing services at affordable prices [URL="http://www.contentneed.com"]contentneed.com[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Lostvalleyguy View Post
    Are you sure it was paypal that charged the fee? When I opened my account and linked it to my bank Paypal made two small deposits to ensure the correct information was given. When I saw this I linked it to an account that had no fees as my usual bank charges hefty EFT fees.
    Is it possible your bank charged the fee as something similar to an ATM transaction?
    If you read other posts like mine for example, you would understand that it was Paypal and it's a legit charge.
    Youtube views: Quick, easy and free!
    [url]http://downloadsafe.org/file/04c8d7[/url]

I've never heard of this before. I know they do it to verify your bank account but I've never known the charge to be that high. Did this happen to you personally or someone you know?

Well, this definitely sucks. This may be one of their tactics to deter the scammer from creating new Paypal accounts for fraud. It does seems unfair to the casual user though, we are being charged for verifying our Paypal account. This is why I am a bit wary to connect my bank account to Paypal. I do not want to be surprised by all the hidden charges.

I'm probably just being kind of obtuse, but I'm not seeing any real problem here - it's not like they're taking your money. It stays in the account which means you can withdraw it - I mean they aren't a bank so they don't get to invest it even if you abandon the account.

I have NEVER had to do this and have overseen the creation of several PayPal accounts. I would call your bank and PayPal. If they don't know what it is, call the FBI lol.
    Earn money for chatting with other people. [url]http://www.diskussable.com[/url]

When I verified my first bank account with PP, they made two tiny withdrawals that totaled like .32 or something like that. The second time, they deposited a similar amount and then withdrew it. Or, it might have been the other way around. Either way, the money was returned.

Quote Originally Posted by pr0xx1d View Post
    I have NEVER had to do this and have overseen the creation of several PayPal accounts. I would call your bank and PayPal. If they don't know what it is, call the FBI lol.
    Haha! There is no FBI where I live. They are scammers!