Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ebay and Paypal Alternatives?

Default Ebay and Paypal Alternatives?

I have always wondered about alternatives for these sites (especially paypal). I really like ebay but paypal has really gotten on my nerves for awhile and need to know some alternatives for them both.

Alternatives are worth the shot since you wouldn't go through the same frustration twice. There are other legitimate alternatives for paypal and e-bay, and I think they can do better with customer satisfaction management. Personally I haven't had problems with paypal yet, e-bay had and never again. So let's try other stuff out there.

Default alertpay

Has anyone ever used AlertPay as an alternative to PayPal? If so what was your experience with them and would you recommend them to others. I have thought about opening an account with them would like feedback please thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by karmaskeeper View Post
    Has anyone ever used AlertPay as an alternative to PayPal? If so what was your experience with them and would you recommend them to others. I have thought about opening an account with them would like feedback please thank you.
    Alertpay are a good company with better service than Paypal. Apart from the service, there isn't much else to separate them. They are trusted and fairly reputable so go ahead and use them.

The main problem with all competitors is that they don't have enough clients.
    Websites only go through the effort of adding a new method of payment if there is enough interest in it.
    Google Checkout is pretty big but a lot of sites don't even add that.

Quote Originally Posted by Delusional View Post
    Websites only go through the effort of adding a new method of payment if there is enough interest in it.
    This is basically true. They wont add any more payment methods if other people aren't using them. It's more of a hassle for them and since paypal even though they lack customer service and much more, they are still the most popular and most used. So companies will use them unlike other small or not so popular methods.

Payza and Ebid I find are the two best alternatives these days
    [url]http://jobsforfiveeuros.com/[/url]

For PayPal I am quite fond of Dwolla. They also seem to actually care about the human element of their customers rather than just the money.

Sites like Alibaba can sometimes compete. Additionally you can search for deals on Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by Delusional View Post
    Exactly. There might be a competitor out there that is fantastic in every way yet go undiscovered because it doesn't have enough clients or the brand name is not big enough/well known. I wish more Ebay sellers would offer more alternatives other that PayPal. Until we see a really good site that get populated with Clients very quickly we are stuck with PayPal for the most part.