Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Payoneer vs. Paypal

Thumbs down

I have never used Payoneer, but from my experiences on Paypal, I would choose anything over it.

Firstly, with Paypal's popularity, there is a lot of scammers, who target you and attempt to take as much money as possible. Another downside to its popularity is that you are treated like rubbish and they will not listen to a word you say. Therefore, any other alternative is better than Paypal.

Payoneer is great especially for person working with US companies online who are not US citizens, they do charge alot for using ATMs though, I think $2 USD per transaction, even if the transaction failed.

This is the first I've heard of Payoneer, thanks for the heads up. Based on current seller feedback on the site and getting a good idea of their terms, I'm always looking for Paypal alternatives. The only problem is that there would eventually have to be a site big enough with great enough features to cause lots of sellers (and then, buyers) en masse to be willing to switch. It will take some time if it ever happens.

Quote Originally Posted by plus1 View Post
    Since I have already experienced the frustrations of being a subject of Paypal "nightmare" limitations, I do not wish to repeat the same mistake over again. Just imagine what I have been through, I can't withdraw my money during my most desperate times. I've cursed both Paypal and my stupidity.

Piece of advice...

Do not ever be contented with one service. Diversify. I am considering now having a Payoneer and alertpay accounts, since I am affiliated with some sites that accept these websites as an alternative to Paypal. If you have experience with them, please share it here for the others to review and consider.
    It seems to me that the integrity of some of these sites is in question. I am wondering if there may be a way to tell which sites you can trust? I have always assumed that Paypal was a site you could trust to take care of your payments, but now I'm seeing that it is a nightmare. If you can't count on Paypal as a trusted source to care for your money, as a small business owner, where does one turn? Especially since, as an independent contractor, most of the companies that I am affiliated with require the use of Paypal, what is an individual to do ?

Payoneer has been advertised a lot in my country. It's a decent site, way better than Paypal. However, it's not the best out there.

I agree. I am a freelancer and the same could be said for my work. Writing for just one site is a disaster. I never put all of my eggs in one basket anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by emilyrose93 View Post
    I have used Payoneer in the past and it was quite good. One thing I really liked was they actually give you a card, and you can use it at ATMs to withdraw money! I think you could even use it in some stores, but because I'm Australian it was a little complicated and didn't work. But it was really good to be able to withdraw money anywhere, instead of having to wait for it to clear into your bank account like you have to with Paypal.
    And because of that Payoneer is better than Paypal.

Indeed the fact that Payoneer gives you a card is a benefit. An advantage and a disadvantage at the same time is the fact that not many people use it. The advantage consits in the reduced number of scammers but you will also find difficulties finding someone to pay with it.

Quote Originally Posted by plus1 View Post
    Since I have already experienced the frustrations of being a subject of Paypal "nightmare" limitations, I do not wish to repeat the same mistake over again. Just imagine what I have been through, I can't withdraw my money during my most desperate times. I've cursed both Paypal and my stupidity.

Piece of advice...

Do not ever be contented with one service. Diversify. I am considering now having a Payoneer and alertpay accounts, since I am affiliated with some sites that accept these websites as an alternative to Paypal. If you have experience with them, please share it here for the others to review and consider.
    I have never heard of alertpay before, are they any good, in comparison to say the likes of Payza.

If the sites that you use support Payoneer. Sure. I would definitely recommend you use it. Although eventually you will run into problems because most sites do not support Payoneer, but if your site supports it. Why not.
    It's just business!