Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Payoneer vs. Paypal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Payoneer vs. Paypal

Since I have already experienced the frustrations of being a subject of Paypal "nightmare" limitations, I do not wish to repeat the same mistake over again. Just imagine what I have been through, I can't withdraw my money during my most desperate times. I've cursed both Paypal and my stupidity.

Piece of advice...

Do not ever be contented with one service. Diversify. I am considering now having a Payoneer and alertpay accounts, since I am affiliated with some sites that accept these websites as an alternative to Paypal. If you have experience with them, please share it here for the others to review and consider.

Quote Originally Posted by plus1 View Post
    Since I have already experienced the frustrations of being a subject of Paypal "nightmare" limitations, I do not wish to repeat the same mistake over again. Just imagine what I have been through, I can'tkee withdraw my money during my most desperate times. I've cursed both Paypal and my stupidity.

Piece of advice...

Do not ever be contented with one service. Diversify. I am considering now having a Payoneer and alertpay accounts, since I am affiliated with some sites that accept these websites as an alternative to Paypal. If you have experience with them, please share it here for the others to review and consider.
    You should double-check the integrity of those sites that claim to use AlertPay as one of their payment processors. Note, AlertPay became Payza in May 2012. It's a bit suspect if these sites have not updated their content for over a year.

Thank you for that information. I didn't know that AlertPay was now Payza. I often wonder about the integrity of other companies, like Paypal, that try to capitalize on people's distrust of the service. I don't know who I would trust at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by EZDoesIT7 View Post
    You should double-check the integrity of those sites that claim to use AlertPay as one of their payment processors. Note, AlertPay became Payza in May 2012. It's a bit suspect if these sites have not updated their content for over a year.
    That's really valuable information. It would seem that every self respecting website would update their content. Especially if this is something involved with money.

Default PayPal Alternatives

I think that it definitely pays for a person to do their research. I generally go online and Google something like 'Reviews' for a particular company or service. You can also Google something like 'Consumer reviews' for a specific company too, and you'll usually get some pretty good search results, but I've done it enough times now and have completely changed my mind about a company if I've read too many bad reviews for it, so I think researching some sites like this is well worth a person's time and probably ends up saving a lot of time, along with any future frustrations, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by EZDoesIT7 View Post
    To be honest with you, I am more likely to trust PayPal than Payza. I've never tried it and don't think I will. PayPal has its troubles, but at least I don't have to subject myself to ridiculous fees . As a matter of fact, I pay no fees on PayPal. I just collect my pay and send it to my bank account.

I have used Payoneer in the past and it was quite good. One thing I really liked was they actually give you a card, and you can use it at ATMs to withdraw money! I think you could even use it in some stores, but because I'm Australian it was a little complicated and didn't work. But it was really good to be able to withdraw money anywhere, instead of having to wait for it to clear into your bank account like you have to with Paypal.

Thumbs down

I have never used Payoneer, but from my experiences on Paypal, I would choose anything over it.

Firstly, with Paypal's popularity, there is a lot of scammers, who target you and attempt to take as much money as possible. Another downside to its popularity is that you are treated like rubbish and they will not listen to a word you say. Therefore, any other alternative is better than Paypal.

Payoneer is great especially for person working with US companies online who are not US citizens, they do charge alot for using ATMs though, I think $2 USD per transaction, even if the transaction failed.

This is the first I've heard of Payoneer, thanks for the heads up. Based on current seller feedback on the site and getting a good idea of their terms, I'm always looking for Paypal alternatives. The only problem is that there would eventually have to be a site big enough with great enough features to cause lots of sellers (and then, buyers) en masse to be willing to switch. It will take some time if it ever happens.