Thread: How is PayPal allowed to be so bad??

Default How is PayPal allowed to be so bad??

Horrific. I once spent 10 hours on the phone with them over the entire day, as I drove from site to site and called each time, and again they advised me something else, to be able to withdraw EMERGENCY $400 cash from my paypal debit card. At 10pm, exhausted, finally one cust rep told me there was a block and he has lifted it--- 2 minutes later the account was shut down. WASTE MY LIFE

Because Paypal is not precisely a financial institution, it simply provides a platform for merchants to get paid online, It has no real regulations in the real world unlike the banking institutions, also being a virtual entity, it is removed from the restrictions that any one nation could place on it, it does not need to conform to the rules of any one state.

They're a big company, there's no alternatives as big as PP, so you can either join them or hate them and get nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanM View Post
    Because Paypal is not precisely a financial institution, it simply provides a platform for merchants to get paid online, It has no real regulations in the real world unlike the banking institutions, also being a virtual entity, it is removed from the restrictions that any one nation could place on it, it does not need to conform to the rules of any one state.
    This is exactly why. Imagine a bank in the UK or the US they are what you could consider brick & mortar, basically they are a place. Since they operate in a country and have places there they have to follow their legal rules and such. Paypal is now like a imaginary bank. They act as a bank but have no "legal rules" to abide by since they dont have a brick and mortar place like a bank. This is NOT the best analogy but hopefully it gets the point across