Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need advice on protecting myself

Default Need advice on protecting myself

Hey guys I am about to open up an Ebay account and was wondering what can I do to protect myself except writing a good text explaining what the item is and what its like?

Thanks for your input!

I have been told to AVOID sending to alternate adresses, this is a big NO-NO. I will be adding up additional information here when I find out more!

Put all the information you have about the item on the listing.
    Respond to questions right away.
    Ship in a timely manner, preferably sooner than you had said you would on the listing.
    Make sure you receive payment before shipping the item!
    Search eBay for similar products to base your price on...you don't want to get ripped off but don't want to price your things too high so they don't sell.

Try as best as possible not to get a bad seller review, and try as best as possible to solve problems without getting Paypal involved...

Quote Originally Posted by KNH View Post
    Put all the information you have about the item on the listing.
    Respond to questions right away.
    Ship in a timely manner, preferably sooner than you had said you would on the listing.
    Make sure you receive payment before shipping the item!
    Search eBay for similar products to base your price on...you don't want to get ripped off but don't want to price your things too high so they don't sell.
    All this and just a few more
    -Send to there address no matter what
    -If selling something of high value, usually electronics ship within your country
    - Always check their rating or account age, new accounts proceed with A LOT of caution.

Thanks for the tips guys. Here is a good piece of information I stubmled to, its not regarding security but it might interest the sellers here! The best day for your auctions to end is Sunday. More people are at home on Sunday than any other day of the week. For the opposite reason, Friday and Saturday are the worst days to end your auctions.

Another seller tip - title optimization. You should optimize your title so if a person who is trying to find your specific item can easily find it under different names!

Another few tips that can help you out:

1. Take a picture of the actual item and include it in the listing. I do this most of the time, though I am selling a PS3 with a stock photo.
    2. When you ship, make sure you ship the item with delivery confirmation at the very least.
    3. Personally if the item is worth more than $100, I will get insurance up to the full value of the item.

I have read that overseas selling is a lot of trouble and headache, so you're really better off selling only in your own country. And if you're selling 2nd hand items, be upfront about the defect, so that the customers will actually know that what you're selling is not a perfect item to avoid future complaints.

Guys when you send something ALWAYS ask for a signature for the delivery. This can protect you from people who will try to cheat you about not receiving the item you send to them. This way you will always verify that someone has received it and avoid being scammed!