Thread: ebay and merchant account, how does it work

Default ebay and merchant account, how does it work

I only just found out that I don't have to use Paypal to sell on ebay and I couldn't be happier right now. Paypal has cost me thousands of dollars over the years with false claims and bogus refunds. BUt I have some questions

-anyone selling on ebay using a merchant account and not Paypal?
    -how does it work
    -will ebay have access to my merchant account info
    -is it safe

I just don't want a whole paypal experience all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gretchen View Post
    I only just found out that I don't have to use Paypal to sell on ebay and I couldn't be happier right now. Paypal has cost me thousands of dollars over the years with false claims and bogus refunds. BUt I have some questions

-anyone selling on ebay using a merchant account and not Paypal?
    -how does it work
    -will ebay have access to my merchant account info
    -is it safe

I just don't want a whole paypal experience all over again.
    -anyone selling on ebay using a merchant account and not Paypal?-Yes I have, I am currently selling on ebay using merchantinc.com which provide me with authorize.net super cheap.

-how does it work - After I was approved I linked my account to ebay, just a few steps and all payments are deposited directly in to my bank account.

-will ebay have access to my merchant account info- no they have no access to any of your merchant account information or money

-is it safe- WAYYYYYYYY safer then Paypal for sellers and buyers, scammers tend to avoid sellers using merchant accounts.

people have been brained washed in to thinking paypal is this great thing when it comes to making and getting payments online. It is not. Just like McDonald's isn't good for you to eat, yet we all eat that shit.