Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any disadvantages to use a merchant account on eBay?

Default Any disadvantages to use a merchant account on eBay?

I have an ebay account but have not signed up with paypal yet as I want to know every detail about them before beginning anything with them so that I am prepared to deal with any shady activity or problems with sales on ebay. I am now realizing that I don't have to use Paypal to sell on ebay.com, I can use a merchant account instead and I am starting to think this may be the way to go. Would there be any disadvantages to use a merchant account instead of paypal when selling on eBay? paypal really sounds too shady to trust but I am new to the game so maybe I am wrong.

You can most certainly use a merchant account rather than using an aggregator like Paypal, and if you are a high volume eBay seller, then you will most likely come out to the better when it comes to fees and such if you use a merchant account provider like Authorize.net over Paypal. However, regular merchant accounts can be more expensive than Paypal of you aren't a high volume seller, so make sure that you look at it from all angles before you choose which one will work better for you.

all my problems I used to have with selling on eBay were paypal related, once I switched to a merchant account, went with merchantinc.com, all problems went away. EBay has no way of accessing my money. No more fraudulent claims or disputes. Paypal is the ONLY disadvantage when it comes to eBay

Stick with your merchant account. Using a paypal account at this point is gong backwards. They are there to protect the sellers and even screw their buyers from time to time. Dealing with disputed charges through a merchant account rather than through a paypal account is going to be much less hassle in the long run.

I sold a few items on ebay a long time ago, but still have a merchant account. I must say that the fees are less than when I had a regular account. When other people send me money the fees are less. Weird, but I don't know why I still have that upgrade when I haven't sold in years.

I have used Ebay and Paypal for ages and have never had a problem with the combination. You just have to pay a fee. It depends on the amount of sales you are doing. If you are going to sell a lot of items, maybe a Merchant account is better. It depends. Don't be scared of Paypal because people are telling you it's crap. It's not, the people telling you are just people who did something illegal and want to get revenge on Paypal.

I would say no. PayPal and eBay CAN suck at times, but what online company can't lol? Statistically, they have way higher positive ratings than negative.
    Earn money for chatting with other people. [url]http://www.diskussable.com[/url]

I am not sure but I think making sales on eBay needs to have a PayPal account. That is what I have seen most people say. I have not tried it because I am afraid to lose my money.
    Professional Article Writing services at affordable prices [URL="http://www.contentneed.com"]contentneed.com[/URL]

using paypal is adding a middleman to that chain and middlemen take money from you so if you can get a good merchant account then just stick with it. paypal will charge you some fees that merchant accounts will not charge you.

NOPE! There are no disadvantages to having a merchant account on ebay. In fact it's just going to save you a lot of stress and money. Depending on how much you process it can actually be cheaper than paypal.