Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 40 of 40

Thread: Blowing the whistle on Stupid paypal users

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danderson239 View Post
    With respect, every business should be concerned about being profitable. If you aren't focused on being profitable, you're likely going out of business. That said, I'd agree with you about a lack of a main stream alternative to PayPal. The way it is right now, it's like VISA not having to compete with American Express or Discover. Consumers need choices so companies are forced to offer a better product or they'll lose customers. PayPal doesn't really have that fear right now.
    This is true. Companies need to try to be profitable. If they are not, they go bankrupt. And you don't want that.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    212

    Default

    They are an electronic bank actually. They use all your information, they hold you money and they get interest.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    eastern North Carolina
    Posts
    151

    Default

    They technically aren't a bank. I don't think they're FDIC insured or anything. They operate much like a bank but act as if they are a business, so that's beneficial for them. It doesn't provide us with as much protection, that's for sure.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    27

    Default Yay!

    Awesome, see sometimes people just need a new perspective of things! Bravo to you for coming into the lions den and calling people out on this. Like most things I try to stay very neutral, however it is hard when you have the mass majority against it! Thank you for your post!

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elle_kay View Post
    They technically aren't a bank. I don't think they're FDIC insured or anything. They operate much like a bank but act as if they are a business, so that's beneficial for them. It doesn't provide us with as much protection, that's for sure.
    Could not agree with you more! They are not a bank nor do they have the same rights as a bank. The bad part is that they act as if they were a certified bank. Most of the inquires they make are absurd and they have no reason to ask for the documents. They are a currency exchange service, nothing else. They get away with it because there are no other real alternatives for the users.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sethky View Post
    This is exactly true, all that matters is that at the end of the day they get there money and that's all. People are sort of forced to use them so we get "screwed" in the sense of that they don't have to provide good support or such since we have to pay them anyway
    Agreed. They are not helpful when you call. They are borderline rude and customers have to take it because there are few alternatives.
    Not all customers who call support are stupid or wrong.

    I called them because they sent me a defective debit card that was part of a large batch sent out with no way to activate it due to a major computer glitch. Everyone who got a debit card from that defective batch could not activate it for TWO MONTHS.

    Does that make me stupid or wrong? Did I violate the terms of service by wanting a debit card that worked?

    Maybe the OP is an investor or employee of Paypal.
    OP states that Paypal helped him to grow his business.
    I've never heard of Paypal helping anyone to grow their business because to my knowledge, they don't give out loans to businesses.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    eastern North Carolina
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spoink View Post
    Could not agree with you more! They are not a bank nor do they have the same rights as a bank. The bad part is that they act as if they were a certified bank. Most of the inquires they make are absurd and they have no reason to ask for the documents. They are a currency exchange service, nothing else. They get away with it because there are no other real alternatives for the users.
    Yup. That's true. I have a feeling it will all become more regulated. PayPal has grown a lot and is now offering a lot of services that it didn't offer before. As it gets bigger and as more and more people complain, it will be looked into further. I don't think it will happen any time soon, but I do think there will eventually be much more regulation.

  8. #38

    Default

    I agree with one part of your argument: People sign up without reading the terms of service. They hop on the bandwagon and talk about lawsuits over legitimate charges that they have incurred.

    When you refer to "stupid" users you are never going to be taken seriously.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lostvalleyguy View Post
    I agree with one part of your argument: People sign up without reading the terms of service. They hop on the bandwagon and talk about lawsuits over legitimate charges that they have incurred.

    When you refer to "stupid" users you are never going to be taken seriously.
    I definitely can't take OP serious about "stupid" users because Paypal sent me a freaking defective debit card that was part of a bad batch generated during a computer glitch.
    Everyone whose card was mailed on the date of the failure had to wait two months to activate their cards.

    How does that make me stupid? We were told not to destroy the cards but wait indefinitely until they figured out how to fix the glitch and link all the victims' cards to their accounts.

    That has nothing to do with reading the terms of service and is not my fault.
    OP shouldn't generalize or assume.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    309

    Default

    And yet we have wars on this site. Well we all have the freedom of speech so we can say whatever we want. Yes I agree there are stupid people on both sides of the coin but what can we do.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •