Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blowing the whistle on Stupid paypal users

Quote Originally Posted by Delusional View Post
    Maybe because, like every single company in this world, they want to make money? If I would have to pay someone in India $1/h instead of $15/h do to the same work, I wouldn't hesitate a second.
    Do you really think it matters where the customer support worker is from? If their English is good enough, they don't get a job. They train every day in improving their English and watch American TV all the time.
    If you would call a helpdesk in the US, you would get the same experience. I have worked in a higher end helpdesk and whenever someone asks for the supervisor, we would put them on hold for 2 minutes and come back to them. That's how it works and how it will always work. The supervisor isn't trained to talk to people, he is trained to managed a bunch of people who are trained to talk to people. Also, there is nothing a supervisor can do because he doesn't even have access to the records of the people, as opposed to the helpdesk workers who do.
    You wouldn't so if you were losing customers and profit over customer service being outsourced? And lets be realistic if they are making 15$ a hr doing customer service they are very lucky, most places are 8-11 11 being amazing. Some places do 13 a hr MAX and that's with very decent company. I will say It is possible to make that 15 a hour but over a few years of working there. And how do you know how they always improve on English you just said you worked in a higher end helpdesk. So I highly doubt you I mean specifically you dealt with the outsource workers. And you are correct supervisors are ment to managed the people talking but how to you manage them if you aren't trained yourself? Most of the supervisors are in high end companies meant to be trained to talk and manage. In theory it be like trying to have workers make wine and being a supervisor and have no clue how to make wine. Since the workers are trained and the supervisor is meant to manage but not make the wine.

Quote Originally Posted by sethky View Post
    You wouldn't so if you were losing customers and profit over customer service being outsourced? And lets be realistic if they are making 15$ a hr doing customer service they are very lucky, most places are 8-11 11 being amazing. Some places do 13 a hr MAX and that's with very decent company. I will say It is possible to make that 15 a hour but over a few years of working there. And how do you know how they always improve on English you just said you worked in a higher end helpdesk. So I highly doubt you I mean specifically you dealt with the outsource workers. And you are correct supervisors are ment to managed the people talking but how to you manage them if you aren't trained yourself? Most of the supervisors are in high end companies meant to be trained to talk and manage. In theory it be like trying to have workers make wine and being a supervisor and have no clue how to make wine. Since the workers are trained and the supervisor is meant to manage but not make the wine.
    The problem isnt how much they pay their employees, are they outsourced or things like that. The main thing is their employees are TOO FEW to workout the problems and cant help you enough with your problems (lack of knowledge). And ofcourse bad policies!

Paypal is a huge company and no, they aren't regulated by the federal government like banks are, but they are a financial institution, which means that there are laws that they have to abide by. They also have laws they have to abide by when it comes to how they treat customers as well as employees. I understand that you want to defend one side over another, but at the end of the day, there are customers that don't quite understand their responsibilities as well as employees that don't quite understand their responsibilities. It's a trade off. I think that Paypal does a poor job holding up their end of the bargain when it comes to customer service, but that's just me.

Default Crooked

PayPal is not a bank however you don't have to be a bank to be a crook. Mind you I'm not calling banks crooks.Well not all of them ,I'm just referring to some shady business practices that are used by them just as PayPal uses same tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by sillylucy View Post
    I agree, Paypal is not a financial institution, but it is a multi billion dollar business. This business does some shady things and it needs to be reported to the BBB and FTC. They have ruined a lot of people's businesses and I am glad that sites like this exist so their dirty laundry can be aired out.
    Same as that, it is just a shame that nothing can really be done about it, in a more serious manner.

I think some people have a difficult time understanding that in most cases, the PayPal employees CANNOT help us. Not the ones that we talk to, anyway. Have you ever worked in customer service? If not, this is how it is: You are told what the policies are and what you are and are not allowed to do for people. You can't break those policies or you'll get fired. In some cases, you can't break them period because the system won't let you.

What is it with you and others like you that seem to have an issue with people like us complaining about a service we use acting in a brusque and fraudulent manner. If you don't like it then leave the forum.

Well since I don't sell at Ebay, then I'm spared of the headache that other people experience when using Paypal. But I agree that they seem to be so biased on the side of the seller that it actually encourages scammers, you know? They should be more objective regarding disputes.

I can agree with you up to a certain level. People never really read the agreement details and just accept them. Later on they start complaining if their accounts are limited for violating the rules.
    Professional Article Writing services at affordable prices [URL="http://www.contentneed.com"]contentneed.com[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by sethky View Post
    This is exactly true, all that matters is that at the end of the day they get there money and that's all. People are sort of forced to use them so we get "screwed" in the sense of that they don't have to provide good support or such since we have to pay them anyway
    With respect, every business should be concerned about being profitable. If you aren't focused on being profitable, you're likely going out of business. That said, I'd agree with you about a lack of a main stream alternative to PayPal. The way it is right now, it's like VISA not having to compete with American Express or Discover. Consumers need choices so companies are forced to offer a better product or they'll lose customers. PayPal doesn't really have that fear right now.