Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blowing the whistle on Stupid paypal users

This is just ridiculous, from what I can understand you work for paypal... fair enough. What I can not understand is that how you yourself work for a multi billion dollar company, and can't admit that paypal have ever done anything wrong. Like anything in a business, mistakes do happen, problems do occur... if they didn't, surely the logic would be that we would never need to have "Customer Service" or a "Complaints section" or even any call centers to deal with any problems. I'm sure you yourself are a lovely law abiding paypal employee who deals with things nicely, but can you speak for every single person who you work with? Paypal like any big business, do things wrong, upset a customer etc. Customer service and having your issue dealt with depend on the employee helping you, much like anything in this world. You get good useful people, and people who don't give a damn. So seriously get your head out of your ass, grow up and deal with the fact that maybe your amazing paypal aren't perfect, yes I'm sure they have helped many businesses grow, but there are also bad things too. I'm glad forums like this exist to highlight these issues, because then everyone can see that they aren't the only one to have an issue and like any big business if they hear something enough, things will eventually change.

Just a little rant.
    Haynes11

they're not in it for general customer approval. they're in it for the money and they have showed us just how low they'll go to make a quick buck

Quote Originally Posted by Dinomarino1 View Post
    they're not in it for general customer approval. they're in it for the money and they have showed us just how low they'll go to make a quick buck
    No they're not. Paypal values it's customers, else they wouldn't exist. There is just nothing they can do about people getting scammed because they don't know how to use the internet. Are you going to complain to your bank because you sent $100.000 to some Nigerian Prince who claims to have your long lost inheritance? This is exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Delusional View Post
    No they're not. Paypal values it's customers, else they wouldn't exist. There is just nothing they can do about people getting scammed because they don't know how to use the internet. Are you going to complain to your bank because you sent $100.000 to some Nigerian Prince who claims to have your long lost inheritance? This is exactly the same.
    If they value there customers why don't they listen when we tell them that we hate the outsourced customer service? Why don't they train the supervisors to actually be supervisors instead of hanging up on you without at-least given a reason before the hanging up? I'm sorry but I work customer service for a place that treats the customer well, I'd get slapped and probably fired for that.. But hey if that is there value to the customers then they could use a tune up

Quote Originally Posted by sethky View Post
    This is exactly true, all that matters is that at the end of the day they get there money and that's all. People are sort of forced to use them so we get "screwed" in the sense of that they don't have to provide good support or such since we have to pay them anyway
    Exactly what I was thinking while reading the post!
    PayPal doesn't care about its customers - they only care that they are making money. People are screwed into using it because it is "the easiest and fastest way to pay" but obviously there are a lot of people getting ripped off and enjoy having a site like this.

If you love Paypal so much, why are you on a forum called, "Paypal Sucks" and feeling the need to defend a billion dollar company, that can clearly fend for themselves. I don't think you are making anyone feel ashamed for complaining about getting screwed over by a huge corporation.

Quote Originally Posted by KNH View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking while reading the post!
    PayPal doesn't care about its customers - they only care that they are making money. People are screwed into using it because it is "the easiest and fastest way to pay" but obviously there are a lot of people getting ripped off and enjoy having a site like this.
    Thats the problem with huge multibillion dollar companies, the lose their sense of value and the only thing that exists is profit. It wouldnt be a problem if profit was given not just to the owner but to the employees (more employees at customer service). This way you only get a billionaire, people who work too much and cant give adequate help to the users and users who get screwed over because of bad policies.

This is so true, and I'm glad someone addressed the issue in this calm rational matter, Paypal beig a massive company often times lose perspective on the little man, and abuse him.

Quote Originally Posted by DomDom View Post
    Thats the problem with huge multibillion dollar companies, the lose their sense of value and the only thing that exists is profit. It wouldnt be a problem if profit was given not just to the owner but to the employees (more employees at customer service). This way you only get a billionaire, people who work too much and cant give adequate help to the users and users who get screwed over because of bad policies.
    I feel it's hard to say they lose there sense of value, if they go in like most wanting money that's there only initiative and all that they want. So they become desensitized they just lack the care of the customer service as long as we pay there happy.

Quote Originally Posted by sethky View Post
    If they value there customers why don't they listen when we tell them that we hate the outsourced customer service? Why don't they train the supervisors to actually be supervisors instead of hanging up on you without at-least given a reason before the hanging up? I'm sorry but I work customer service for a place that treats the customer well, I'd get slapped and probably fired for that.. But hey if that is there value to the customers then they could use a tune up
    Maybe because, like every single company in this world, they want to make money? If I would have to pay someone in India $1/h instead of $15/h do to the same work, I wouldn't hesitate a second.
    Do you really think it matters where the customer support worker is from? If their English is good enough, they don't get a job. They train every day in improving their English and watch American TV all the time.
    If you would call a helpdesk in the US, you would get the same experience. I have worked in a higher end helpdesk and whenever someone asks for the supervisor, we would put them on hold for 2 minutes and come back to them. That's how it works and how it will always work. The supervisor isn't trained to talk to people, he is trained to managed a bunch of people who are trained to talk to people. Also, there is nothing a supervisor can do because he doesn't even have access to the records of the people, as opposed to the helpdesk workers who do.