Thread: No paypal no ebay and no reasoning with them

Default No paypal no ebay and no reasoning with them

In high school I did some dumb lottery type eBay auction that PayPal said was against their terms of use... The account was frozen and locked out. That was almost 8 years ago and I called them tonight to try and play nice to get this account unlocked. I said I was sorry and got the answer I got was "No, because you violated the terms of use I can never unlock this PayPal account"... a lifetime ban? Really PayPal? As your stock price plummeted to a measly $10/share in 2008 you are suddenly good enough to ban customers who have been Power Sellers on eBay easily giving you thousands of dollars through your excessive commission fees

Quote Originally Posted by MyDogKarma View Post
    In high school I did some dumb lottery type eBay auction that PayPal said was against their terms of use... The account was frozen and locked out. That was almost 8 years ago and I called them tonight to try and play nice to get this account unlocked. I said I was sorry and got the answer I got was "No, because you violated the terms of use I can never unlock this PayPal account"... a lifetime ban? Really PayPal? As your stock price plummeted to a measly $10/share in 2008 you are suddenly good enough to ban customers who have been Power Sellers on eBay easily giving you thousands of dollars through your excessive commission fees
    Unfortunately, they are completely within their rights. It may have happened a long time ago, but I guess they would rather not take the 'risk' of giving you account access again.

That's too bad. I understand their point, but it still seems like they'd give someone another chance after so long. I have that problem with AdSense. They said that there were too many views from one area, and claimed I must have had something to do with the views, but I didn't! I don't know what happened, but they will never give me my account back. Oh well...their loss. I'm a great blogger.

Quote Originally Posted by MyDogKarma View Post
    Yes. You went off the terms of use or service. Thus they have a right against you.