Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Robbed by paypal

Default Robbed by paypal

At the beginning of the month my landlord wanted me to pay rent through Paypal. I set up an account..transferred 434.00$ into the paypal account from my bank account. 3-5 days later they emailed me saying that the money was in my paypal account so I sent the money via paypal to my landlord's paypal account. Then the next day I look at my bank statement online and it says I have overdrafted because there was another attempt to take out 434.00$ which wasn't there because it was already in my paypal account. Two days ago the same thing happened with Paypal saying that the money wasn't in my account but when I looked on Paypal the 434.00 was there..and all they did was make me overdraft twice and have me transfer the money back from paypal into my bank account. It is all very confusing but fuck them..I was robbed by Paypal. Their customer rep was a stupid bitch who couldn't even speak english. So I just tried to sign into paypal but they locked me out.

This sounds terrible. Maybe you didn't choose to charge on the credit in your Paypal account and it charged it from your bank account.

I don't believe you can't log in to your account anymore. If they block your account, you will still be able to log in.

If you want to get something done from Paypal, at least be nice to customer support. Calling her a stupid bitch will probably get you nowhere and will make them want to drill you in the ground even harder.

That is horrible! I would be so mad too! I don't understand how they can't see they are at fault for this! I would complain to you bank about it too. You should not have to pay the overdraft. Paypal was wrong!

Hmm I have heard of a similar issue before where someone thought he was using his Paypal balance but was infact going straight through his card instead.

I'm not pointing the finger, but there is a chance that you actually made this mistake by simple human error?

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonDolly View Post
    At the beginning of the month my landlord wanted me to pay rent through Paypal. I set up an account..transferred 434.00$ into the paypal account from my bank account. 3-5 days later they emailed me saying that the money was in my paypal account so I sent the money via paypal to my landlord's paypal account. Then the next day I look at my bank statement online and it says I have overdrafted because there was another attempt to take out 434.00$ which wasn't there because it was already in my paypal account. Two days ago the same thing happened with Paypal saying that the money wasn't in my account but when I looked on Paypal the 434.00 was there..and all they did was make me overdraft twice and have me transfer the money back from paypal into my bank account. It is all very confusing but fuck them..I was robbed by Paypal. Their customer rep was a stupid bitch who couldn't even speak english. So I just tried to sign into paypal but they locked me out.
    I would at least look into taking them to small claims court. Rent is no minor deal. The more I hear about this, the more I feel like simply paying with a debit card and not screwing with PP at all.

we see this crap happening more and more and more, its sickening, and I hope Paypal runs out of business real soon

Have you tried contacting Paypal to find out why they are trying to send the money again? They often have glitches in the system that wind up double dipping often. I would definitely give them a call. Go ahead and be prepared to be on hold for awhile and get transferred around a bunch before you get to someone who can help you. You will find someone eventually if you stay persistent.

This is an awful story. You really should join your bank in suing paypal for damages if your court can acquire jurisdiction or if there are any local offices of paypal in your area. Tell your landlord to stick to cash.

Threaten to sue. There is no other option. That is just plain shitty and lousy customer service. A court would never let them get away with that.
    Earn money for chatting with other people. [url]http://www.diskussable.com[/url]

Everyone needs to stop pointing the finger straight away before we know all the facts. We don't have access to this guys account, so for all we know, he has actually made a mistake and hasn't been screwed by anyone.

Lets wait for a fact update before we continue.

We're here to help and give advice remember and for that, we need to know all the facts.