Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: no goods received yet PAYPAL wont get involved.

You should have been more careful while buying online. Thanks for sharing your story. I hope you get your money back. Generally PayPal takes the side of buyers. Maybe you should try to contact some PayPal representatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Teshamwalah View Post
    Saw an item for 260 on Gumtree, made deal with seller who wished transaction made via PayPal, paid 269.04 which included PayPal's 9.04 fee, didn't receive item, made complaint but PayPal wouldn't pursue this as no invoice was supplied by the seller first before paying. Understandable up to a point BUT why then have PayPal taken the 9.04 if they cannot be involved as the transaction was not carried out through the proper channels. Fortunately the PayPal payment was taken from my credit card and the CC company are chasing the seller up as I type this. Be warned!
    This is the seller's fault really. I would be much more worried about getting a hold of the seller and getting your 260 back. I believe PayPal will give you the service fee back if you can show that the transaction was never completed.

So you paid with PayPal yet the money was taken out of your card? This sounds a lot like they way I've made a payment but if the charge appears directly on your card, then the CC company should investigate.

Default Be patient

This happened to me once but after a while I heard back from them.

Default Paypal not keeping their promise

Paypal are obviously not keeping their promise. They say that physical goods are always protected by their buyer protection. This is a real eye opener to read that you have suffered at the hands of Paypal...yet another horror story. Thats a lot of money to lose. I hope you can get compensated via the bank or someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by panderson248 View Post
    This happened to me once but after a while I heard back from them.
    Yeah you will hear from them OP, dont worry. They will contact you for sure!

Thanks for your story. It's so strange to hear of things like this happening. I honestly just hope it's a rare event because of extraordinary circumstances or something.

Quote Originally Posted by TomRalphio View Post
    Thanks for your story. It's so strange to hear of things like this happening. I honestly just hope it's a rare event because of extraordinary circumstances or something.
    Bad things with PayPal arent rare events. They are a bad service and offer a bad customer support. If you work with them you should be prepared for things like this!

Quote Originally Posted by Teshamwalah View Post
    Saw an item for 260 on Gumtree, made deal with seller who wished transaction made via PayPal, paid 269.04 which included PayPal's 9.04 fee, didn't receive item, made complaint but PayPal wouldn't pursue this as no invoice was supplied by the seller first before paying. Understandable up to a point BUT why then have PayPal taken the 9.04 if they cannot be involved as the transaction was not carried out through the proper channels. Fortunately the PayPal payment was taken from my credit card and the CC company are chasing the seller up as I type this. Be warned!
    That is terrible! I hope that the credit card company gets your money back. I would be pissed! PayPal is useless when it comes to being fair. They do what is in their best interest, not the buyer, nor the seller.

Quote Originally Posted by cpefley View Post
    That is terrible! I hope that the credit card company gets your money back. I would be pissed! PayPal is useless when it comes to being fair. They do what is in their best interest, not the buyer, nor the seller.
    I hate their policy around freezing accounts. Its my money and I want to use it. Banks dont do that, why should they ?