Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: no goods received yet PAYPAL wont get involved.

Was there a "buy it now" button or you just used the "send money" feature? Because if you just send your money, then Paypal will usually not refund it since there was no digital receipt made. How did you pay for the item?

Paypal should not take money in a transaction if they will not participate in resolving it when it becomes a problem. That was a good observation of yours, you should sue them for the money you loss. It's a considerably good amount of money.

I'm glad at least your credit card company is pursuing this issue. I think that paypal should definitely have taken action. While you may not have had an invoice through paypal, did the site you made the purchase through provide any sort of receipt?

There is a time period that PayPal will wait to see if everything is made ok before they investigate. Call customer service and see when this period ends. Call the very next day and report that you were scammed.
    Earn money for chatting with other people. [url]http://www.diskussable.com[/url]

Thanks for sharing, I think you might get it worked out, try to speak to a higher up and threaten to leave the service. The money came from somewhere and it might have just been a simple mistake, try being rational and working with them. If not then I say have no mercy on those thieves, best of luck.

Any news about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Teshamwalah View Post
    Saw an item for 260 on Gumtree, made deal with seller who wished transaction made via PayPal, paid 269.04 which included PayPal's 9.04 fee, didn't receive item, made complaint but PayPal wouldn't pursue this as no invoice was supplied by the seller first before paying. Understandable up to a point BUT why then have PayPal taken the 9.04 if they cannot be involved as the transaction was not carried out through the proper channels. Fortunately the PayPal payment was taken from my credit card and the CC company are chasing the seller up as I type this. Be warned!
    This is a pain in the backside by the sounds of things, sadly though there isn't a whole lot that you can do about it, the Paypal fee is just because of a third party fee, they technically actually have nothing to do with the sale.

Thank you for the information. Based on your story, it seemed like PayPal would only care about these kind of things once they are not receiving their money. Good for you to linking PayPal to your credit card. The chargeback feature is the awesome to battle against a company that would not help you when you are in trouble. Hopefully the guy got what he deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by warmweatherwoman View Post
    Not familiar with Gumtree but as someone stated above I am very surprised that paypal sided with the seller on this issue. They are notorious for siding with buyers whether they are in the right or wrong.

Sorry this happened to you but take it as a lesson learned and I wouldn't use that Gumtree site again either.
    I agree, I have read a lot of horror stories where Paypal has chosen to side with the seller rather than the customer. Luckily this has never happened to me but I guess I'd better not speak too soon.

I've only ever used Gumtree to look for jobs so I had no idea that things like this happened on there. I'll definitely avoid it in future.

I hope you get your refund, nowicki2013.

Quote Originally Posted by jwalk View Post
    I agree, I have read a lot of horror stories where Paypal has chosen to side with the seller rather than the customer. Luckily this has never happened to me but I guess I'd better not speak too soon.
    Really? I mostly hear stories about Paypal favoring the buyer, so I'm surprised to hear that in this case the buyer got shafted.

It's lucky for the buyer in this case that they used a credit card for backup funding because at least their credit card company might have fraud protection.