Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: worried filing a dispute will get me banned

Default worried filing a dispute will get me banned

well today I got scammed by a model from a site i go to I wanted to talk to her on skype and other things and we agreed on 180 dollars for 2 hours then someone told me that paypal has a policy against adult sites and so on so I am just wondering should I bite the bullet or should I file a dispute and risk getting banned?

If you could file a dispute without mentioning you were scammed on an adult site, then you'd be fine.

I doubt you will get banned as he has scammed you. The only thing I suggest though is to make sure you don't mention that it occurred on a adult site as it may lessen your chances of getting your money back.

If you mention that it was for adult services, then yes, you can get banned. However, if you could still try filing a dispute and tell them you didn't know it was for adult services if they find out? I don't know if it will work, because it is against their policy to exchange money for adult services, but who knows?

If you're lucky, they wont notice. The hooker also runs her business through Paypal so she is at an even greater risk. Maybe she doesn't know what she is doing which is why she uses Paypal but that would be a bit strange. Also, unless her email address suggests she has adult services, I'm not sure they will find out.

Be aware that if they find out in the future, they can still come after you so be prepared and think of a story.

Odds are, if the report is going in favor of OP, then the person losing the dispute will mention it was on an adult site, to get both accounts banned.

Quote Originally Posted by swagger View Post
    If you could file a dispute without mentioning you were scammed on an adult site, then you'd be fine.
    I agree, but it will show up on their system as to where the money was paid to, so you may find yourself being banned and not getting your money back.

File a dispute by all means, just be prepared to not see the money again.

As mentioned already, don't talk about the site you used/payment you made being for XXX

Well you can file a dispute, but there is also a risk that that scammer will say that you were paying for adult services if questioned. They do have a dispute section which records the conversation regarding the dispute. So if I were you I'd let the $180 go, there's too much risk involved in filing a dispute.

Just like people said above do not mention that it was for some adult services. Next time use other online processors and be careful for the services you are paying for. You need to find quality for your money.
    Professional Article Writing services at affordable prices [URL="http://www.contentneed.com"]contentneed.com[/URL]