Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do Paypal's staff get commission?

Wait! Could there be some truth to Paypal making interest off the money they handle? It is my understanding that Paypal earns interest off the money that is not immediately dispersed. I doubt they hold money back on purpose, but here is a link that does address at least one way Paypal (at least used to) make money.

[url=http://money.cnn.com/2008/02/26/smbusiness/paypal_float.fsb/]What PayPal does with your money - Feb. 26, 2008[/url]

I would certainly think that they don't, if so then they would surely just start blocking everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by greengrass View Post
    A question for anyone who has worked for Paypal: is it true that staff (at least in customer service) get commission or bonuses calculated according to the funds held in frozen or limited accounts? Someone told me this could be why people get their access restricted for such strange reasons that often make no sense at all. In other words, Paypal wants a certain percentage of its accounts to be non-accessible at any given time so the company can earn interest on the money and distribute part of it to staff as incentives. Of course they already earn interest on all the money washing around in normal Paypal accounts day to day.

It sounds crazy, but then so do many of the justifications you hear for Paypal's actions! It might help to explain some things if it's true, though. So, ex-Paypal staff: please tell us if this is how it works!
    This is too much, I would give paypal the benefit of the doubt since this is a pretty awful accusation but if this is what paypal is doing then I guess someone should really stop this nonsense.