Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do Paypal's staff get commission?

Quote Originally Posted by greengrass View Post
    A question for anyone who has worked for Paypal: is it true that staff (at least in customer service) get commission or bonuses calculated according to the funds held in frozen or limited accounts? Someone told me this could be why people get their access restricted for such strange reasons that often make no sense at all. In other words, Paypal wants a certain percentage of its accounts to be non-accessible at any given time so the company can earn interest on the money and distribute part of it to staff as incentives. Of course they already earn interest on all the money washing around in normal Paypal accounts day to day.

It sounds crazy, but then so do many of the justifications you hear for Paypal's actions! It might help to explain some things if it's true, though. So, ex-Paypal staff: please tell us if this is how it works!
    As the posters before me have said it is very likely that this is a rumor. With a big company like payPal the information about these kinds of policies would get to the public really soon and tarnish your reputation. PayPal isnt liked by people as is, with that kind of information nobody would use it anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by DomDom View Post
    As the posters before me have said it is very likely that this is a rumor. With a big company like payPal the information about these kinds of policies would get to the public really soon and tarnish your reputation. PayPal isnt liked by people as is, with that kind of information nobody would use it anymore!
    I can only agree on this. Finally someone with a common sense. Congratulations DomDom, you are one of the people who get it.

I really don't understand why people would think Paypal employees get a commission. The only "person" who sees the transactions is a huge server. I wonder what he will do with all the money he is making. Buy more RAM? Buy a new rack?

If ever they did get a commission, then word will spread around right? That's too juicy to be kept a secret forever. So I also don't think that the staff gets commission from the funds of their users. If there's anyone that probably benefits from the frozen funds of the members, then it must be the head honchos at Paypal.

So here's a little food for thought...

I don't have any direct experience when it comes to Paypal on this, but I used to work for a merchant account provider. They did pay bonuses to fraud loss employees when fraud was discovered and funds were withheld in order to conduct an investigation. The bonuses weren't paid until the investigation was complete and fraud was uncovered, but they were based on the amount of money that the investigator saved the company in lost revenues...so it's possible that Paypal does the same thing.

I don't think they get any form of commission. That wouldn't work. However, (from what I do know) they get bonuses and what not for doing/achieving certain things.
    Earn money for chatting with other people. [url]http://www.diskussable.com[/url]

I don't reckon that it actually works that way.

I highly doubt this due to the majority of processes being automated. The staff only look into it afterwards and have no real say in putting a hold on an account.

I don't work or have any contacts that work for them but I wouldn't be surprised if they were on some sort of bonus system for reaching set targets in terms of case solving and such but to see them on commission and deliberately messing with accounts to make money, no.

I believe it's a rumor as well. For Paypal to reach its status today they need to keep their trustworthiness and reputation up so that the public will actually continue to use their services. Sure sometimes they may be causing us some problems, but at least most cases seem to work out by the end of the day. I believe doing something like profiting from froze accounts is unethical, and if it is really true it will harm their reputation and lose their customers. I believe they know this well, and they are not risking this just for a few easy money.

It would make sense haha! But I don't think this is true, don't even think it would be legal considering how they operate and how common it is to get an account frozen/closed.

Quote Originally Posted by greengrass View Post
    A question for anyone who has worked for Paypal: is it true that staff (at least in customer service) get commission or bonuses calculated according to the funds held in frozen or limited accounts? Someone told me this could be why people get their access restricted for such strange reasons that often make no sense at all. In other words, Paypal wants a certain percentage of its accounts to be non-accessible at any given time so the company can earn interest on the money and distribute part of it to staff as incentives. Of course they already earn interest on all the money washing around in normal Paypal accounts day to day.

It sounds crazy, but then so do many of the justifications you hear for Paypal's actions! It might help to explain some things if it's true, though. So, ex-Paypal staff: please tell us if this is how it works!
    I'd like to know the answer too!