Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do Paypal's staff get commission?

Question Do Paypal's staff get commission?

A question for anyone who has worked for Paypal: is it true that staff (at least in customer service) get commission or bonuses calculated according to the funds held in frozen or limited accounts? Someone told me this could be why people get their access restricted for such strange reasons that often make no sense at all. In other words, Paypal wants a certain percentage of its accounts to be non-accessible at any given time so the company can earn interest on the money and distribute part of it to staff as incentives. Of course they already earn interest on all the money washing around in normal Paypal accounts day to day.

It sounds crazy, but then so do many of the justifications you hear for Paypal's actions! It might help to explain some things if it's true, though. So, ex-Paypal staff: please tell us if this is how it works!

I don't work for Paypal and haven't previously but I do not think this is true. I have been using Paypal for a long time, read a lot about them, spoke to lots of staff (both current and ex0 and never heard about this at all.

Would be nice to hear from an ex-employee though.

I'm pretty sure THAT isn't true. I don't think that for the most part they freeze accounts to get money. I think they do it because there are scammers all over the Internet, and it can be difficult to determine who is a scammer and who is not when you have millions of accounts.

Default I Doubt It

I don't work for PayPal either but I doubt they get paid on commission. They only way I think they'd get paid on commission is if they had telemarketers calling on behalf of them to try to get people to sign up. The biggest problem with PayPal is them freezing customers' accounts. That doesn't make them any money whatsoever. In the end it's just going to make them lose money.

Exactly, and honestly, I doubt the actual employees have anything to do with freezing accounts. PayPal's system probably does it automatically for certain things. I highly doubt there is much that the customer service reps can do; they are surely limited by their computers.

Of course they don't get a commission. On what should they get a commission? Every transaction is processed automatically so nobody ever does something manually.

No they don't, at least I'd hope they don't. I don't work at PayPal, so I wouldn't know, but would be pathetic if they did.

I highly doubt that they get any sort of commission. I don't work for paypal but it wouldn't make sense and would actually be frowned upon.

No I doubt it, I think they get a monthly salary like most other 9-5 worker, but that was funny though, thatnk you for the laugh.

I have never heard such a thing! I think that is just a really terrible rumor. I know that there are some questionable things going down at Paypal. but this doesn't seem plausible.