Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My daughter got ripped off by Paypal

I'm really sorry to hear that. I also write a lot of articles and blog posts and get paid through Paypal and I know it would feel awful if I put work into writing an article and then not receiving the pay for it.

I know it might be a little too late, but I would recommend your daughter filing a complaint against her "employer" on Paypal. Provide the emails he had sent her, payment records, and if she can a record that her content had been used on his page. I'm just not sure how much Paypal can do about the issue now, but maybe that would help.

So people on any website can request a Paypal refund? I thought you had to be on eBay and use Buyer Protection to request a refund.

So even writing sites can request refunds? Where does Paypal draw the line?
    If a friend sends you money via Paypal and the you have a fight, can the friend request a refund?

I'm shocked that writing sites can request a refund for work that was already done and used. That site owner is a scumbag.

Quote Originally Posted by andy103 View Post
    I'm really sorry to hear that. I also write a lot of articles and blog posts and get paid through Paypal and I know it would feel awful if I put work into writing an article and then not receiving the pay for it.

I know it might be a little too late, but I would recommend your daughter filing a complaint against her "employer" on Paypal. Provide the emails he had sent her, payment records, and if she can a record that her content had been used on his page. I'm just not sure how much Paypal can do about the issue now, but maybe that would help.
    It looks like you didn't read the entire original post. The OPs daughter DID provide emails from the employer and proof that her work was used. All that Paypal did was tell him to take the content down and refund the site owner's money. So she did everything that you are suggesting and it all ended in the site owner's favor.

She should name and shame him, so that other content writers know to avoid him.

This is a little bit scary. I wonder which site was it. It is better if you can check the authenticity of the website before doing any content writing jobs. You can do nothing about this PayPal issue. I think there is a chance that your daughter's PP account may get limited soon.