Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Payza Any Good For Under 18?

Default Payza Any Good For Under 18?

I'm under 18 years old and currently bring in around $2k/month from online methods. Well, PP decided to freeze my account with over $10k (it was dumb to have that much, I know..) I've been looking at either Payza or Bitcoins, is Payza any good? I know I can use Bitcoins under 18, and they look somewhat promising.

Quote Originally Posted by swagger View Post
    I'm under 18 years old and currently bring in around $2k/month from online methods. Well, PP decided to freeze my account with over $10k (it was dumb to have that much, I know..) I've been looking at either Payza or Bitcoins, is Payza any good? I know I can use Bitcoins under 18, and they look somewhat promising.
    Depends if you want to do it by the book or not?

Just like Paypal, Payza state that you must be 18 years or older to use an account. However, I have held an account with them while being younger. As I said, depends if you want to do it by the book.

Although bitcoin is growing in popularity, you need to be very careful because of someone scams you, you're screwed. Paypal isn't a good service and also screws you, but at least in some cases it can be resolved (payza are much better at this), but with Bitcoins, you're completely on your own so I would not recommend.

EDIT: I forgot to mention.. Bitcoin exchange value can also change in its extremes very quickly. Whereas if you are paid cash, you know exactly what you're getting.

Basically what I am saying is to use Payza, just be witty about it. If you add a bank card and the card is clearly registered to a 17 year old then you are immediately treading on thin ice.

Quote Originally Posted by rossonomous View Post
    Depends if you want to do it by the book or not?

Just like Paypal, Payza state that you must be 18 years or older to use an account. However, I have held an account with them while being younger. As I said, depends if you want to do it by the book.

Although bitcoin is growing in popularity, you need to be very careful because of someone scams you, you're screwed. Paypal isn't a good service and also screws you, but at least in some cases it can be resolved (payza are much better at this), but with Bitcoins, you're completely on your own so I would not recommend.

EDIT: I forgot to mention.. Bitcoin exchange value can also change in its extremes very quickly. Whereas if you are paid cash, you know exactly what you're getting.

Basically what I am saying is to use Payza, just be witty about it. If you add a bank card and the card is clearly registered to a 17 year old then you are immediately treading on thin ice.
    Would I have the same limits on Payza that I do on Paypal if I didn't register a credit card/bank account?

Quote Originally Posted by swagger View Post
    Would I have the same limits on Payza that I do on Paypal if I didn't register a credit card/bank account?
    Sorry, I'm a bit strapped for time at the moment.

Take a look at this link - [url]https://helpdesk.payza.com/index.php?/Base/Search/Index[/url]

I just searched limits in their knowledge base. You should be able to find what you're looking for

I think you can be under 18, the problm lies with validating the account you'll need a credit card, and since you have to be over 18 to have a credit card, but you can borrow your mom's credit card...

I have used Payza even when they were still called "Alertpay", and what I don't like about them is their slow dispute settlement, you will wait for weeks or months after you filed for a dispute, and the scammer will have already withdrawn all the money in his Paypal acount by that time. My account is not verified though, and I just sell my funds in exchange for cash. They are also slow in processing funds exchange from Alertpay to Egopay even if they are the same company.

Can you have a parent help you with this or anything? I think it's great that you're making so much at a young age.

It's worth a shot with Payza, but be cautious about keeping too much in your account at a time, and don't be surprised if you get the boot for being underage.

Hopefully you'll be 18 soon and you won't have to worry about this stuff anymore.

No online payment system will allow you to be under 18. If you really want to use an online payment system, ask one of your parents to sign up. I did it when I was younger and it was no problem.

Also keep track of that 10k account because when you turn 18, you can get the money out of it.

Bitcoin is your best bet because it is untraceable. You just need to hold them til you turn 18 and get your own bank account and you can sell them.

Quote Originally Posted by Delusional View Post
    No online payment system will allow you to be under 18. If you really want to use an online payment system, ask one of your parents to sign up. I did it when I was younger and it was no problem.

Also keep track of that 10k account because when you turn 18, you can get the money out of it.
    I agree. The only problem might be tax-related issues? PayPal, for example, sends out a 1099 form at the end of the year if you make over a certain amount and have a certain number of transactions. I think it's if you make more than 10k per year and have more than 200 separate transactions, but don't quote me on that. The parents probably don't want to have to pay taxes on that money?

I like the BitCoin idea, but I have to admit that I don't really understand BitCoins very much. I'd love to learn more about the whole thing.