Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scammer alert! Travian Games GmbH

It is great to hear a story with happy ending. At least PayPal was doing their job this time. However, I think that this happened because your PayPal account has been compromised. You should change your PayPal password and your e-mail password associated with your PayPal account. Hopefully such thing does not happen to you any more in the future.

Thanks for the alert! That's horrible. Glad you got your money back!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerlene View Post
    The scammers information:

Seller's Name: Travian Games GmbH
    Seller's Email: [email]plus@travian.de[/email]

This was the first person to ever scam me. I went to the site that took my money and it wasn't even in English, nor have I ever visited it before. (The site is his email domain for those who are wondering.) Why would I? I don't understand the website. Also, they took my money in British Pounds, a currency I do NOT use and it doesn't seem like they should be using it either. "DE" is Germany, right? Anyway, they drained my PP account and even went into my bank account.

I immediately contacted PP and within two days I got my money back. They contacted the person that took my money(because I opened a dispute) but they never responded. Just beware!
    Oh my you were very lucky that Paypal was actually willing to turn around and actually pay you back the money for it.

Thanks for sharing, if we can all work together we can prevent each other from being stolen from. I'm glad you got your money back and that Paypal was actually helpful for once, that was definitely a rare case. Hopefully the scammer gets caught and Paypal closes an account that needs to be closed.

I suggest you not to do business with shady looking websites. There are scammers out there who will go to any end to get the money out of you. I am glad you received your money back.

Thanks for the heads up! It's nice to hear someone's story have a happy ending for once.

WOW! Thanks for sharing that with us. No wonder those online games like Travian are making bank! I'm so sorry to hear that but i'm so glad you were able to get your money back.

If you never visited their website before and from the sounds of the comments in here it is a semi legitimate operation, I suspect that it was your paypal account that was compromised.

Unless you use the same passwords for several things, chances are you have a key-logger or something on your computer or you used an unsecured wireless network somewhere - check for spyware. I am glad to know that you got the money back. If you really want to delve deeper, see if the company that took the payment knows how it was used - they didn't get paid yet someone benefited from their service - they have an interest in stopping the culprit as well.

Thanks for informing us. I will be sure to report this guy as soon as possible. It a shame that there are people like him in the world. Remember this, he will get caught eventually and will pay severe consequences.

It is good that you got back your money. Some people have horrifying experiences you should be careful when doing transactions on the Internet.
    Professional Article Writing services at affordable prices [URL="http://www.contentneed.com"]contentneed.com[/URL]