Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scammer alert! Travian Games GmbH

Well I'm happy to read that there is at least one positive post about Paypal.

It can be incredibly annoying when credit card companies block your card due to a suspicious transaction but, they're doing it for the consumers own good. Once, when my parents were driving my stuff to Pennsylvania (I did a couple years at Penn State) the credit card company cut off my dad's card after we filled up with gasoline in Peru, IN. The credit card company didn't realize you could see a pattern of gasoline fill ups, across country. The cut the card off because they thought the transaction was from Peru the country. It was frustration that we had to call the credit card company before our next tank of gas but, we understood and appreciated the security.

Credit card companies recommend, if you're going to be making a strange transaction or going out of country, that you call them in advance. That way, they can put a note on your account and not cut your card off over legitimate transactions.

I have personally bought Travian Gold many, many, many times in the past, and I assure you they are no scammers. What probably happened here is that someone from your household bought it without your knowledge, or your account was compromised.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
    ― Bernard M. Baruch

Does naybody else besides you use your computer? That might be the reason for the transaction. Check with your kids or others in your house.

Well at least this story ends with a happy ending. Most are still in limbo about receiving their money back so good for you!

Thank you for the warning! I can't believe they never got back to you about the complaint on the person. I think if nothing else they should be kicked off of paypal since no doubt they are scamming and stealing from other users.

Wow seems like you got very lucky. Make sure to not expose yourself to these scams by giving anyone your information.

What a fail scammer LOL. Glad everything is ok with you though. That could have been really really bad.
    Earn money for chatting with other people. [url]http://www.diskussable.com[/url]

Travian is a legitimate website and a popular online game. It has multiple domain extensions, like .de in this case, that they use for each localized version of the game. The charge you got with Paypal was for the plus version of the game where you buy stuff with real money to boost your in game stats and features.

The only problem with this type of online game is that it attracts many scammers since most users are young and likely to pass the account details to strangers and staff impersonators.

Glad you sorted things out!

Quote Originally Posted by Thrix View Post
    I have personally bought Travian Gold many, many, many times in the past, and I assure you they are no scammers. What probably happened here is that someone from your household bought it without your knowledge, or your account was compromised.
    I also bought gold from them and it was really all good and per description. Check out everything just in case before you file a report!

Thank you for the advice. Something similar happened to me last year when I got a virus from a website and it drained my pp account but because it was all my fault they didn't give me my money back which I understand.