Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scammer alert! Travian Games GmbH

Default Scammer alert! Travian Games GmbH

The scammers information:

Seller's Name: Travian Games GmbH
    Seller's Email: [email]plus@travian.de[/email]

This was the first person to ever scam me. I went to the site that took my money and it wasn't even in English, nor have I ever visited it before. (The site is his email domain for those who are wondering.) Why would I? I don't understand the website. Also, they took my money in British Pounds, a currency I do NOT use and it doesn't seem like they should be using it either. "DE" is Germany, right? Anyway, they drained my PP account and even went into my bank account.

I immediately contacted PP and within two days I got my money back. They contacted the person that took my money(because I opened a dispute) but they never responded. Just beware!

I'm sorry to hear that. It's good you got your money back. And it's good it didn't take a lot of work to get it back.
    Thanks for the information about Travian.be.
    They have different websites for the Travian game too. They can choose whatever currency they want to receive payments in so the British Pound isn't really a problem.

Just a heads up, I'm fairly sure that is a legitimate website. This means someone may have gained access to your paypal, to buy things.

CHANGE YOUR PAYPAL PASSWORD

Hopefully Paypal required a password reset as part of the recovery.

I've had one of my creditcards used in france and I live in California. The bank called me on it because it was out of my normal spending pattern.

They issued a new card.

Quote Originally Posted by paytalk View Post
    Hopefully Paypal required a password reset as part of the recovery.

I've had one of my creditcards used in france and I live in California. The bank called me on it because it was out of my normal spending pattern.

They issued a new card.

I was called when my card was used in China...and I live on the east coast of the US..never even been to china!! Have to be very careful and if paypal doesn't require a password reset...like thos above me said..I would take that precaution anyway.

At least those time PayPal was on your side and returned your money. Its good you have warned people about those scam so that no one loses money to him. I think this scammers dont sleep trying to come up with new ways to get our money.

Default Beware

I'm always cautious whenever I'm dealing from any company from overseas. There are way too many scam artists out there and not enough regulations if you're not in the U.S. I give PayPal credit for once for helping you out. A lot of times they give people a problem anytime there's an issue with their accounts. I'm happy for you that you got your solution resolved. Thanks for the heads up, I'll never deal with Travian Games.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamde View Post
    Just a heads up, I'm fairly sure that is a legitimate website. This means someone may have gained access to your paypal, to buy things.

CHANGE YOUR PAYPAL PASSWORD
    I make sure that my paypal password is changed regularly, at least once a month. You never know when you get a virus or something like that. We really need to be extremely careful when working online.

Did you contact Paypal and tell them about the transaction, if you paid through Paypal you're not liable for all that money...
    Last edited by SeanM; 02-08-2014 at 11:11 PM.

Good thing that you have recovered your money, at least the scammer has not withdrawn it yet to his bank account. And thanks for the heads up, I won't even visit that site, since I heard that you can get a virus just by visiting an infected website.