Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I stuck with paypal???

I asked the site I write for and they said I can contact the billings department and have them issue me a check. Thanks for bringing this up. I don't have problems with PayPal payments, but it's nice to know I have this alternative. Maybe contact your HR or billing people?

With most places like the one you're at will sadly make you use paypal. Due to the convenience for them and the fact it's alot more simple. Maybe contact the company and ask for a check and they might write you one. But I doubt it.

Not many alternatives out there. Bitcoins would be nice if they were not so valuable. I say find a site that uses a different virtual currency and stick to that. pay pal has been and always will be a scam!

There are many other alternative to Paypal. Paxum and Payza are example. It's not almighty like Google is.

I think in the near future, alternative sites like these will become accepted globally. There are a lot of problems establishing legitimate websites so It's best to be on the watch for legitimate sites which have very good reviews. Unfortunately, I don't think there are plenty of those sites.

Quote Originally Posted by rossonomous View Post
    In your case, generally speaking, Paypal isn't really a bad route for you to use. Just take the payments and withdraw them instantly.

Before doing this, Google the site that is paying for you and do a little research to see if anyone has had issues with their payments before.
    That is pretty much what i have done over the years. As soon as i get the payments i need, i pretty much withdraw my money with my card or i just transfer the money to my personal bank account.

Just use Paypal? Why can't you use Paypal? Just try it. 95% of the users does never have a problem with it.

There are some other third party payment services listed on the page below:

[url=http://www.thesitewizard.com/archive/creditcards.shtml]How to Accept Credit Cards on Your Website (Without a Merchant Account) (thesitewizard.com)[/url]

It would help if you could provide some more details on why you don't want to/cannot use PayPal. Is it not available in your country? Did they ban your account for some reason? Etc...

An alternative route, would be to set up a third party merchant account with some of PayPal's competitors like SquareUp or Intuit GoPayment. If you are able to process the transactions in person, just use the free card readers they supply when you sign up, and process their credit card right on your phone. The funds will be deposited directly into your account and you can have them transferred into your banking typically within three days.

A costlier route would be to process the payment remotely, by having them read you their card information over the phone and you manually key it in with the corresponding software provided by Square or Intuit on your smartphone. The down side to this is they charge higher processing fees.