Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PayPal charges you 5$ for withdrawing your deposit in an EU country

You can wait for the beginning of the new month, and it will be automatically withdrawn with no fees.

But still, the concept sucks. It might be okay for them to charge that much for an INSTANT withdrawal, but even after paying the fee, it takes 2-3 days for me to receive the money. I used it when I needed money urgently, and it made ma a lot of trouble.

I'm really hoping they will change that policy.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
    ― Bernard M. Baruch

Quote Originally Posted by Thrix View Post
    You can wait for the beginning of the new month, and it will be automatically withdrawn with no fees.

But still, the concept sucks. It might be okay for them to charge that much for an INSTANT withdrawal, but even after paying the fee, it takes 2-3 days for me to receive the money. I used it when I needed money urgently, and it made ma a lot of trouble.

I'm really hoping they will change that policy.
    Actually they charge me at the beginning of the month automatic-withdrawal and I cant turn it off! Check my topic in Customer Service!

Well in my case, if the money is below $156, then I get deducted a little over $1 per withdrawal, and I have to expect the $5 deduction from my bank everytime my funds go through them, so it really sucks, I feel you. But it's their rules, we have no choice but to comply if we are to use their services.

Sorry to hear about your problems, but thats really strange, I've never heard of paypal withdrawing money the first of every month, I think your account might have been hacked, or you bought or paid ofr something with a recurring bill.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanM View Post
    Sorry to hear about your problems, but thats really strange, I've never heard of paypal withdrawing money the first of every month, I think your account might have been hacked, or you bought or paid ofr something with a recurring bill.
    Its not hacked I sent them an email and for some reason it is not possible to turn it off. If it is turned off I cant use the withdrawal options of the account at all! Sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by DomDom View Post
    I just learned this today guys, sold an item for 5$ and learned that the actual withdrawal deposit is 5$, OMG! So all the money I get by selling an item goes to PayPal? Horrible

Anybody knows how to avoid this ?
    You have to create an American bank account and attach this account to your paypal account. This aids with getting your money out of paypal free of charge. However, to make payments, I would suggest you avoid using paypal and use your credit or VISA card directly.

Its not hacked I sent them an email and for some reason it is not possible to turn it off. If it is turned off I cant use the withdrawal options of the account at all! Sucks!
    If you really love using paypal, I would suggest that you delete your current paypal account (that's after withdrawing your funds to your bank account or via cheque) and create a new paypal account that will possibly give you less troubles.

Quote Originally Posted by sidney View Post
    Well in my case, if the money is below $156, then I get deducted a little over $1 per withdrawal, and I have to expect the $5 deduction from my bank everytime my funds go through them, so it really sucks, I feel you. But it's their rules, we have no choice but to comply if we are to use their services.
    Yes, compliance to their rules is what we digitally signed to when we created our paypal accounts. The withdrawal deduction charges is all dependent on the destination of the withdrawal (at least that's what I read), and if you are a citizen of the US, your withdrawal should be free of charge. Otherwise, visit eradicatingjoblessness.wordpress.com to find an alternative to receiving your money via cheque or via any other time-consuming costly methods.

I just learned this today guys, sold an item for 5$ and learned that the actual withdrawal deposit is 5$, OMG! So all the money I get by selling an item goes to PayPal? Horrible

Anybody knows how to avoid this ?
    I'm in the UK and have never experienced this charge for a withdrawal.