Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PayPal charges you 5$ for withdrawing your deposit in an EU country

Default PayPal charges you 5$ for withdrawing your deposit in an EU country

I just learned this today guys, sold an item for 5$ and learned that the actual withdrawal deposit is 5$, OMG! So all the money I get by selling an item goes to PayPal? Horrible

Anybody knows how to avoid this ?

It depends on the country you are in. It's not every country in the EU, most of the western countries can withdraw for free. Eastern European countries have to pay a fee.

This is horrible and very unfair! I am from a southern european country (Croatia) and it is just money taking. Are people from eastern EU 2nd class citizens? If I want to make a business of selling things on ebay (low priced items) and want to take my money after I sell it I am supposed to hoard it on paypal or let it be taxed by paypal? Very unfair :/

I think it's also for other countries. They charge 5$ if your balance or the money you are withdrawing is below 160$. Yeah it's really sad.

Quote Originally Posted by opinionguy View Post
    I think it's also for other countries. They charge 5$ if your balance or the money you are withdrawing is below 160$. Yeah it's really sad.
    I have discovered that they also withdraw the fund to your bank account on the 1st of every month! This is probably done because they can deduce money off you quicker...
    Is there any way to cancel this automatic withdrawal if anybody knows ?

Quote Originally Posted by DomDom View Post
    I have discovered that they also withdraw the fund to your bank account on the 1st of every month! This is probably done because they can deduce money off you quicker...
    I think that would be under some sort of settings, maybe call them and figure it out and try and get them to turn it off or threatin to leave them.

They charge $5 to send you cheques, and I don't know that they charge money to send to other banks, but you would only receive money from banks who are based in the US anyways...

I did not know that. I have never had that problem, but I am in the US. I wonder how many countries this applies to? This doesn't seem fair.

Quote Originally Posted by DomDom View Post
    You better unlink your bank account and stop using their service if it costs you more instead of earning from using their service. Paypal has some tricks to get money from their customers so let us also be aware of the deductions they set for us.

haha f*****g paypal strikes again! i am sorry to hear that, i hope you learn for the future to help eliminate any potential corruption that might be happening at paypal