Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 43

Thread: Any Sites Exactly Like Ebay?

  1. #21

    Default

    Amazon is like Ebay, only better. Although Ebay has more users, Amazon is definitely the better service. The user disparity is a result of Ebay having better business relationships with media, and marketing mediums. However Amazon is gaining a lot of ground on Ebay these days. Prices at Amazon.com are much better than on Ebay. So much so that people buy things on Amazon, and resell them on Ebay. Where the market value is much higher.
    It's just business!

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2

    Default

    I wish that there was a viable alternative to paypal besides Amazon. Ebay and Paypal's fees cut into my profit way too much, and then I was unjustly banned from selling. I was unjustly banned from selling on ebay due to too many negative feedbacks by customers which they would not allow me to refute. I sold digital goods which were clearly marked as such, and I gave my customers explicit instructions on downloading my product. Still, one too many customers complained about not recieving their products in the mail and left negative feedback.

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robotx View Post
    I wish that there was a viable alternative to paypal besides Amazon. Ebay and Paypal's fees cut into my profit way too much, and then I was unjustly banned from selling. I was unjustly banned from selling on ebay due to too many negative feedbacks by customers which they would not allow me to refute. I sold digital goods which were clearly marked as such, and I gave my customers explicit instructions on downloading my product. Still, one too many customers complained about not recieving their products in the mail and left negative feedback.
    Sorry about your loss of that account. eBay has so much traffic and so many people who want digital goods but have no clue what they're doing and aren't willing to learn. Specialized forums exist and they're a better alternative but it would be nice to see some site that wishes to be a centralized place for ALL kinds of digital goods and has some nice features in place like a developed feedback system. Hope a capable domain appears in the future. Basically looking forward to do the day that eBay is not so much of a monopoly and more options are widespread. Would be great for sellers and buyers alike.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by opinionguy View Post
    I hate e-bay they are a piece of crap. No refunds for my loss as a customer. You could try amazon and other sites like amazon, I'm not certain if there are any other scam sites like e-bay, it's full of baloney.
    Indeed, they don't usually refund 'scammed' customers but they always say that they do refund customers and that they help you have a great experience with eBay. You should use Amazon because eBay is horrible.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    178

    Default

    I don't know of any alternative sites to Ebay as (thankfully) Ebay have never messed me about. The only other sites I use that are somewhat similar to Ebay are Amazon and Etsy. I did read recently about a free selling/bidding site that paid you in points which you could use to bid on other items but I don't know if it's legit or not.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwalk View Post
    I don't know of any alternative sites to Ebay as (thankfully) Ebay have never messed me about. The only other sites I use that are somewhat similar to Ebay are Amazon and Etsy. I did read recently about a free selling/bidding site that paid you in points which you could use to bid on other items but I don't know if it's legit or not.
    You're talking about Listia. It's legit. I use it. But you should only use it for things that you really want to get rid of, because you only get points for them, which you use to bid on things. If it's a high value item, you should try to sell it elsewhere. I use Listia for my leftover items that don't sell on eBay because getting credits is better than just throwing away or giving away unsold items.

  7. #27

    Default

    We have a local version of eBay in the Philippines but it's not as widely recognized as eBay. Also, the variety and quality of products is not that good. There is also a lot of room for scams mainly because anyone can just post there and the security is not as thorough as eBay.

  8. #28

    Default

    I think the best next solution would be using Amazon. Other than eBay, Amazon is the only store that has reputable name to selling of other products online. The other sites mind end up scamming you even more.
    Professional Article Writing services at affordable prices [URL="http://www.contentneed.com"]contentneed.com[/URL]

  9. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ACSAPA View Post
    You're talking about Listia. It's legit. I use it. But you should only use it for things that you really want to get rid of, because you only get points for them, which you use to bid on things. If it's a high value item, you should try to sell it elsewhere. I use Listia for my leftover items that don't sell on eBay because getting credits is better than just throwing away or giving away unsold items.
    Good call on Listia, I tried them out. Very interesting and unique concept for a site, unfortunately it is really only for small-scale stuff and junk you really want to give away. Some people have made some decent money on there using Amazon gift amounts as payment in exchange for points and using those points on some of the more interesting items.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3

    Default Websites like eBay

    Take a look at the "Etsy" website. They offer a variety of goods for sale. I'm not sure what their policies are but from what I've heard, they are a very reputable and very popular website for selling and buying items.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •