Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Sites Exactly Like Ebay?

Default Thanks for the list!

Quote Originally Posted by cpefley View Post
    I think that it would be a terrible idea for a company to open a site "exactly" like eBay, because of the competition and brand recognition. There area lot of copycat sites, but here is a link I found with an article that features alternative to eBay [url=http://www.salehoo.com/blog/sick-of-ebay-try-these-alternative-places-to-sell]Sick of eBay? Try these alternative places to sell | SaleHoo[/url]
    Thanks so much for the list cpefley! I was shopping for clothes and they just didn't have what I wanted. I'm excited to see what else is on the web!

Well not exactly like ebay, but there are other bidding sites like dealdash.com and merchant sites like amazon.

I agree with everyone else's answer especially making sure that you cover your own butt when selling via Ebay. Take the extra time when listing to make sure you list every scratch or any other product defects and also read the different options to protect your self listed in the options pane when listing an item. I am not sure if there is another website similar to Ebay besides amazon but you could try listing your items close to where you live like on Craigslist or you could try a Facebook Buy Sell Trade group close to your home. I hope this helps!

I don't think there is a site that offers exactly the same functionality. I hope some day Google Checkout/Wallet will be the same. They are already doing a great job but they're not there yet.

Here are some alternatives. I'll label the ones I've tried.

Amazon - Great for books, movies, games, stuff you want to quickly list, have on there for a long time, and forget about until the items are bought. The price changer needs to be carefully watched but works very well overall. Not necessarily better than eBay but more convenient for listing in many ways.

Half.com - At one point I was listing many books and movies and price-checking between Amazon and Half for the highest prices. Maybe about 10% of those books sold on Half rather than Amazon. It's still a heavy-traffic site, but if you have to choose between Half and Amazon choose half. Alibris is another alternative for selling books.

Craigslist - Ideal for items that are newer and more likely to sell, and harder to ship. The process of selling in person can be awkward and occasionally just as unpleasant as some of the less savory buyers on eBay. A lot of people seem to have great experiences selling items on here though and no fees plus instant cash is a huge benefit.

Etsy - The main place you should consider for cute, quirky antiques and any homemade crafts and jewelry.

iOffer - I'm surprised, there really is a small but loyal following of buyers here. Check out the main goods being bought and try listing if you have similar items.

Bonanza - Several years ago this site was the go-to place for a lot of sellers fleeing eBay. It, like many others on this list, is still not quite as good in terms of potential earnings but it may be worth the trouble if you have items that mesh well with the stylish boutique-style offerings of sellers here.

Default Alternatives to Ebay

Of course there is the obvious answer in Amazon. If you are looking for fake/cheap/knockoff stuff you can use a site like Alibaba.com. If its auctions you are after there are sites like ubid.com.

You will never find a copycat of Ebay. Amazon is quite simmilar but you will never find many crazy things there but I sincerly like it more.

Quote Originally Posted by nowicki2013 View Post
    Does anyone know of any websites that are exactly like Ebay? I mean exactly like Ebay but just a different company. They do have a really nice business model, but their customer service, fees, and just the way they try to play "god" has ruined it for me. I can't even stand to go on Ebay.com anymore. If anyone has found a similar site where you can buy and sell items online auction style please let me know!
    Well if you live in Ireland, re is a group called The Dealer and another Done Deal, they are exactly like Ebay, without the irritating and not so helpful help desk.

The only other site as big as ebay that gets enough traffic is Amazon. You could also try local classified ads but those probably won't be as successful as ebay or amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by Chia View Post
    The only other site as big as ebay that gets enough traffic is Amazon. You could also try local classified ads but those probably won't be as successful as ebay or amazon.
    You could try Gumtree. But I think that's just for Australia and the UK.