Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Sites Exactly Like Ebay?

Default Any Sites Exactly Like Ebay?

Does anyone know of any websites that are exactly like Ebay? I mean exactly like Ebay but just a different company. They do have a really nice business model, but their customer service, fees, and just the way they try to play "god" has ruined it for me. I can't even stand to go on Ebay.com anymore. If anyone has found a similar site where you can buy and sell items online auction style please let me know!

I think that it would be a terrible idea for a company to open a site "exactly" like eBay, because of the competition and brand recognition. There area lot of copycat sites, but here is a link I found with an article that features alternative to eBay [url=http://www.salehoo.com/blog/sick-of-ebay-try-these-alternative-places-to-sell]Sick of eBay? Try these alternative places to sell | SaleHoo[/url]

The best thing you can do is to just do your best to safeguard against eBay and Paypal's bullshit. They are the top two online sales (other than Amazon). You're going to have a very hard time getting what you need otherwise. You CAN make it nearly impossible for yourself to get screwed, though, turning the joke around on them.

I used to use Yahoo Auction to sell my used computer hardware before I even started to use Ebay, but it was back in the late 1990s. Not sure if Yahoo Auction is still around lol. It worked just like Ebay where you pay a fee to put your items up for auction, and buyers who are interested would place a bid.

Back then I was also using another service of Yahoo to transfer money. (yes, it was just like Paypal). Once again, I am not certain if this service is still around. I was still in the high school at the time, and I remember you could send "request money" to anyone with an email address without them even having an Yahoo account. (I sent a request to my mother ... and she just ignored it lol)

I switched to Ebay and Paypal only because I found there are more customers on Ebay. It means more people to bid on my items = higher prices.

You can certainly check it out to see if these Yahoo services are still around. If they are, then there you go alternatives to Ebay and Paypal.

My favourite site is Amazon hands down. I have made over 200 purchases on there and only had one issue. Fortunately, the issue was resolved quickly and in my favour. I have also found their customer service to be pretty damn good!

Default Thanks

Thanks for the great information guys. I'm never going to use Ebay again. I can't even stand looking at the name Ebay anymore. I'm going to start using Amazon for all my online purchases. Hopefully everyone that's not will do the same. Maybe Ebay will get the point and start treating customers the right way instead of dirt like they do now.

I hate e-bay they are a piece of crap. No refunds for my loss as a customer. You could try amazon and other sites like amazon, I'm not certain if there are any other scam sites like e-bay, it's full of baloney.

PayPal is the big gun in the world of online payment processor, and while it's around, there won't be any other. Liberty Reserve tried, right?

As long as PayPal is up, keeping their monopoly, there won't be any big alternative. There are a bunch of smaller (when compared to PayPal) services, such as Payza, but you will never get a same one, but with smaller fees or something, trust me.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
    ― Bernard M. Baruch

There's a variety of other sites out there like eBay and Paypal. With paypal, there are alternate payment processors. The thing is, they're just not as popular as Paypal/eBay.

Without its outstanding popularity, it's harder to sell and buy items.

Quote Originally Posted by opinionguy View Post
    I hate e-bay they are a piece of crap. No refunds for my loss as a customer. You could try amazon and other sites like amazon, I'm not certain if there are any other scam sites like e-bay, it's full of baloney.
    Are you serious? You're a customer and Ebay did not refund you? That's something new. Ebay refunds buyers by default.

Anyway, I'm afraid Amazon is your only option aside from Ebay, although you might try Craigslist and Etsy.